turbo question

EMcNeice

i recently had my turbo rebuilt by John Craig. Today i decided to take the gold bracket off the the turbo sheild bracket attaches to because i don't use a sheild and removed the bracket. I damaged the threads taking one of the bolts out because the oi return flange is in the way. Couldn;t get a smaller bolt in there, so i fired it up and exhuast leaks out the holes! WTF, i didn't think they went all the way into the compressor. My question is that i used a product similar to JB Weld to fill the stupid hole. Will this hold up?

I dont think JB weld will withstand the heat but, you better get a tap and retap out that hole. If you have to take the turbo off to tap the hole then just take your time and do it correctly.

Bo

I doubt that JB weld will hold up to the heat of a turbo...It usually melts at those temps.

its actually a similar product to JB but it said it was ok to use on heads, and exhaust parts. if hi temp silicone holds up then i'm sure this stuff should be fine onece it sets up

Oh you didn't say that...Well I'd check on it from time to time to see how it's doing.