Turbo Thunder IV?

Volvoman

If you have a 3.8L in your Volvo wouldn't that make it a 382 instead of a 242?

LOL

Your gonna have fun with that car when you get it going.

I have a buddy thats in to building 242s as well and told him about yours. I think I have his squirel cage spinning now.

Hi Dave

You can count on the GNRA guys to be there.

{the buick club with class}

Geoff

Re: Volvoman

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
If you have a 3.8L in your Volvo wouldn't that make it a 382 instead of a 242

I would not want them to think had a 382. Also My squirel died of an over dose of speed. I had to put the new one in rehab so I figured it was better to go to the dark side of the force. :p Hence I went to the Buick with the unlimited horsepower. :D

I heard last year this white ttype I think, or what I did not hear. From what I understand he is running four mufflers on that thing. I did not even hear it idle, till he took off. Does anyone know what mufflers he is running on that beast?

QUOTE]I heard last year this white ttype I think, or what I did not hear. From what I understand he is running four mufflers on that thing [/QUOTE]

Sounds like Dennis' T. He was at TTIII last year and yes, he has 3 muffs. Not sure what brand he's using though, Geno would most likely know.[

Dyno derelicts!

I read on another thread that there was some dyno action in the Seattle area.

Don't wear out your cars on the dyno before June 27th!

Don't worry, Dave, we were just exchanging tuning tips and upgrade ideas:D

In fact, there was a lot of encouraging others to join the fun at TTIV. CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT !!!!!!!!

Just a "buick turbo" ??!!

It does not say anything Like " Turbo thunder IV " or "Buick Grand Natonal Meet"

I guess you can't be picky. It also says swap meet?! Last year I did not see one so I am sure " A LOT " of you guys are going to bring some parts for me to buy right? I need to start saving some $$ then.

Chris

June 27 Fri
Street Legal Drags • Gates open 2 pm

June 28 Sat
Miles Chevrolet
5TH ANNUAL CHEVY SHOWDOWN/Buick Turbo/Jr. Dragsters

• Gates open 8 am
Saturday - Car Show & Time Trials 9-1:30pm
Awards 1:30pm - Eliminations at 2pm
To Include - Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac & GMC
General Motors fans will be treated to the finest in all
Bowtie drag racing, car show and swap meet.
This popular event features all makes and models under the General Motors banner.
Adult $10, Kids 6-14 $3, Under 6 Free, Racer $30, Car Show $20,
Swap Meet Space $20

Here's this years flyer/registration form. I have this available in a much nicer formated Word document. E-mail me if you want a copy.

Remember this is a non-profit event put on by guys who like Buicks. 100% of your registration fee goes toward payouts. It's $5 before race day, or $10 the day of.

Tell all your friends!

Ps. This year the track is having a swap meet and car show on the same day. I strongly encourage everyone to race, but for those who only want to do the show...it's there, and we will have plaques for the best modified, and best stock appearing Buicks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbo Thunder IV

June 27th & 28th 2003

Turbo Buick Racing at it’s best!

Friday night Test-n-tune/grudge racing
Gates open at 2:00PM racing until 8:00PM

Saturday ET Drags/Eliminations/Car show/swap meet
Gates open at 8:00AM Time trials 9:00-1:30
Car show awards 1:30PM
Racing starts at 2:00PM

Registration FEE: $5 (pre register) or $10 the day of the race (US Funds)

Name: _____________________________________________________________

ADDRESS: _________________________________________________________

YEAR OF VEHICLE: ____________

TYPE OF VEHICLE (T-TYPE/GN/ETC): _______________
Note: Syclones, typhoons, and other turbocharged American made cars are welcome TO COME AND RACE

BEST ET/SPEED: ___________________________________

STOCK BLOCK OR STAGE?: __________________________

CLASS (12.00-14.99 or 7.50-11.99): ________________________________

Mail entry forms along with payment to:
Turbo Thunder IV
C/O Dave Loney
20022 Augusta Drive
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
Call (503) 632-5385

General Information:

There will be a Buick Turbo parking area and staging lane(s).
There will be 2 BRACKET CLASSES FOR ALL TURBO THUNDER RACERS
· 12.00-14.99 “Turbo PRO”
· 7.50-11.99 “Turbo SUPER PRO”

Track entry fees (to be paid at the entry gate each day)
· Friday $30 (includes Woodburn membership)
· Saturday $30

Turbo Thunder Racers will be running for the following plaques:

· 12.00-14.99 bracket Winner *
· 12.00-14.99 bracket Runner up *
· 7.50-11.99 bracket Winner *
· 7.50-11.99 bracket Runner Up *
· Best BUICK Reaction Time
· Quickest ET-Buick Stock Block
· Quickest ET-Buick Stage II
· Top Speed (Buick)
· BEST STOCK APPEARING BUICK (Show)
· BEST MODIFIED BUICK (SHOW)

*Payout INCLUDED / ANY AMERICAN MADE TURBOCHARGED CAR WELCOME TO RUN

Hotels:
Holiday Inn Wilsonville (503) 682-2211 Comfort Inn Wilsonville (503) 682-9000
Phoenix Inn Wilsonville (503) 570-9700 Woodburn Inn & Suites (503) 982-1727

For information contact:
Dave and Kathy Loney
(503) 632-5385
quarter_miler@hotmail.com

Track information:
Woodburn Dragstrip - www.woodburndragstrip.com
7730 Hwy. 219
Woodburn, Oregon 97071
(503) 982-4461

Your $5 or 10$ Turbo Thunder IV entry fee’s will go toward purchase of plaques, advertising, and payouts.

Dave,
Any way to participate in the car show and the bracket racing on Saturday? Probably impossible to get in any pre-racing dial-in runs. But man would that be cool - show and race on the same day!

All,
Where's everyone planning on staying this year? The same Holiday Inn as last year ?

Dave,

Can you please email me the registration and info so I can put it in the GNRA Newsletter.

Thanks,

Clayton

Clayton
I heard you have a roll bar now:) Now you can see what your car can really do without getting the boot:) You going to try for 10.s this year? I hope to see you and the GNRA guys this year at Turbo Thunder:)

TTIV

Turboslacker, My guess is you could sign up to race and show, make a time run early, and then put your car on display until 2:00PM when eliminations start? If you test-n-tune Friday night you should have a good idea what you should dial in anyway.

Clayton, you have mail! Thanks for the interest! I echo what Geno said, we hope to see a good GNRA turnout this year. You guys are always a lot of fun, and your cars look good. They must run good too, more than half of our plaques and half of the payout money went to Canada last year. :)

If my engine buildup goes well I will deff be there :) I am putting the interior back in the camaro and getting it all sorted out.

Steven

Gene, Im free if you need help putting a cage in that thing :p

TT-IV

Dave, I will be coming down with Dan, Frank and the rest of the guys so please email me the registration....thanks!

Bill

Dan, I sense another caravan this year. Maybe with more than 4 cars this time. We will have to work out a meeting place again. We can hammer out the details at the Puyallup show. This year I am staying for both days.

Originally posted by geno
Clayton
I heard you have a roll bar now:) Now you can see what your car can really do without getting the boot:) You going to try for 10.s this year? I hope to see you and the GNRA guys this year at Turbo Thunder:)

Not quite yet, but the appointment is set and I have the fire jacket already :) . Would be nice to run the car full out for more than one pass at a time. I think 10's is a long shot but 11 teens or 11.0's would be great. Of course, 10's is always the goal isn't it ;)

Assuming no breakdowns or major problems at work I am planning on being there this year. Last year I had to make an emergency trip to New York on business so hopefully nothing like that will come up again.

We have several others guys who are intending on being there as well, barring any unforseen circumstances. We had several guys broken down last year but I think most of them are on track to be ready to be there. We have mentioned it at several club meeting and everyone sounds enthusiastic about it.

I have already put the dates and times in the last 2 GNRA Newsletters so I will continue to put it in there and I will add the registration form as well.

And finally the exchange rate seems to be going our way a little. Ol' George W better watch it or our dollar might be worth more than yours soon ;) ;)