Turbo Thunder IX

Big Dave

Is there going to be a TT IX in 2008? I know Geno needs a break from running the event.

Just wondering on dates to request time off.

We neeed someone better than Gene. I didn't win last year, and I'm SURE it was rigged by Gene. He told me "I never did like you, Ken!" ;) :biggrin:

Who's gonna have the fastest Turbo Buick next year? Gene, Dennis or someone hiding in the woods?

Maybe I'll get the Alcoholic Twins working good. All I need is a little time to work things out.

Is there a 150+mph run in Dennis' StageII? Maybe a 10.00 in his street car?

Is Chris gonna make the trek over the "hump" and run his 4.1 liter?

Now that the exchange rate is so favorable, is there a Canadian stepping up their program?

Only time will tell. Hope to see you all there. (in my rear view mirror, that is.;) )

Will Josh get his motor back from DLS in time?

Will Dan wait till after the new year to lay the smack down on Josh? :p

On the date I had thought it would be in Mid-July again. That's when Dan makes his trip up here to the "North-end Buick crack house of parts" for the last minute stuff. :p

Mike

Yep and you always have just what I need to keep my habit going, Mike. Now get your cr@p together and make it out to a Turbo Thunder event.:eek:

yeah

Will the lindsays drive all the way up there pay for two days and not race? :(

will they run better than the 9.96 this last fall in ID? :eek:

will there be a turbo thunder..? ;)

"Will Josh get his motor back from DLS in time?" Wow! Thats a good question, I think its coming up on a year now and I have no clue as to whats going on!:confused: :mad:

Josh - You should give him a call here in early January for an eta on you new bullet. Otherwise..........I'm going to have to finish my car so that someone can beat up on Dan :D :rolleyes: :p

Dan has said I needed to shut down the "North-End Buick Crack House of Parts" but that's probably after I loan him my new 6776bb turbo.:)

Mike

I talked to Dan Strezo yesterday and all my parts are there and he's starting the machine work. said the rotating assy. should be ready in a few weeks.:D

Im thinking of moving it to Seattle because i want faster cars to show up and Bremerton is not as safe for faster cars..What do you guys think?

Good idea. If the new track will be ready, even better. BUT........will they allow us more than one qualifying pass?;) At least at Bremerton, it runs very smooth, and you get at least three qualifying passes. The trip to Seattle would be MUCH faster than the 4hrs. it took me last year to Bremerton.:mad: Dang Friday Seattle traffic.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Will your new car need two parachutes, Gene?:biggrin:

Pacific raceways for Turbo Thunder 9

I like the idea! Its real close for me!:D They do have a nice track and your right Gene, I think you could get alot more fast guys and the payouts might even be better with some local support (althought the payouts are allready the best). Gene, Maybe we can start a poll and see what everyone really thinks.

Ron, Pacific Raceways address is ( 31001 144th ave se Kent,WA 98042). do a mapquest from your door and see if its any closer for You guys in ID.

Just got off the phone with the manager and they are booked for the year:D
He wants to get together this year and plan for next year .He really want to make it happen and will help get sponsors:cool: He said turbo cars are the new intrest and he wants a part of it...He also said we can use just about any date we want next year:cool:

It would be closer for you guys in Idaho by about 45 min to 1 hour:)
I guess we will have it at Bremerton again this year. I will call and make sure its alright...Same dates as last year:biggrin:

Oh well! Its not like Bremerton is a bad thing! I do think that Pacific would be great for next year with a new track and eveything they can offer. I do believe there is more sponsor $$ if it was held a Pacific and they are willing to help with it is very cool.:cool:

Just did the mapquest way and it appears to be about 50 miles shorter than
going to Bremerton, also what is the best time of day to negotiate this route.

Ron

I got a great idea!! Why don't you all come to Woodburn? The weather's great, there's lots of room, nobody knows what a turbo Buick is, and I'll treat you all to some southern hospitality. It's just down the freeway ya know (only 4 hours from Seattle) and the best part it's right in my back yard. Whatdayasay!

I cant stand the guy that runs the place:mad:
He is a jerk and i wont give him my money..
Besides i might go to jail for beating up an old hippy LOL
We use to have it at Woodburn and got treated like a read headed step child..
One year he wrote a guy a formal warning for running 11.999 one time when you had to have a bar to run in the 11.s

Sorry you feel that way geno. I don't even know who this guy is. Who cares about some grouchy old man anyway. Would still love to see some of you big boys come down. I need some hands on advice from a few experts. Think about it, please!