Turbo Thunder VI Results & Highlights

DEL

Hello all,

I apologize that this is so late. If anyone can help me fill in the numbers for the Best R/T, Low ET, and Fastest plaques that would be great!

Turbo Pro Winner - Rip Rook 2001 Dodge Cummins Diesel
Turbo Pro Runner Up - Gurts Singh 87 Buick GN

Turbo Super Pro Winner - Shawn Miles GMC Syclone
Turbo Super Pro Runner Up - Richard Soon 87 Buick GN

Quick 8 Winner - Shawn Miles GMC Syclone
Quick 8 Runner Up - Vulcan McLellan 82 Chevrolet Camaro

Best Reaction Time - Gurts Singh
Fastest Buick - Dennis Hogan
Low ET Stage II - Dennis Hogan
Low ET Stock Block - Tim "the outlaw" Freeman :)

Highlights:

One thing that stood out for me was the exchange between Richard Soon and Shawn Miles in Turbo Super Pro. The final round was being staged and Shawn had some trouble with his truck. Always the class act, Richard Soon backed out so the race could be re-run. When the race was re-run, Shawn took the win, and in another very classy move, he split the winnings with Richard.

Tim Freeman got a love letter from NHRA Division 6 for running in the 10's without a roll bar. Hence his new title... Tim "the outlaw" Freeman.

Dennis Hogan was running on Drag Radials. He did a lot of steering on Friday which had the crowd oooh-ing and aww-ing. Fortunately he was able to make a chassis adjustment on Saturday morning which seemed to straighten the car out.

Gene Fleury was there sporting a new motorhome, and running easy low 10's as usual. Gene took care of the shirts this year, they sold out by noon on Saturday.

I wanted to thank Wanda Brooks for loaning me her crew chief. Pat was a big help in organizing the lanes and keeping everyone where they needed to be. All this while going rounds in his Stock Eliminator Chevelle wagon. I had a lot more fun this year because of Pats help...the stress level was much better.

The Dan Huffman Josh Peery rivalry ended with Josh sledgehammering some high 11 second times on his street radials. Time to get out the wrenches Dan :)

I got to see Adam Nonis' Buick again (always a highlight for me) I think I caught him waxing his inner fenders :cool:

The Idaho contingent was out in force! Shawn Miles won two different classes with his little pickup. Ron Neisler was running his usual easy low 12's with his two tone grey T.

We had 25 racers. Here's the roster:
1. Dennis Hogan
2. Dan Huffman
3. Clayton Crofton
4. Tim Freeman
5. Richard Soon
6. Shawn Miles
7. Rob Stariha
8. Gurtz Singh
9. ron Neisler
10. Wanda Brooks
11. Duane Skillen
12. Tim Talty
13. Sandi Wood
14. Brian Macy
15. Josh Peery
16. Ian Wald
17. Lalo Garcia
18. Shawn McCracken
19. Ron Selberg
20. Vulcan McLellan
21. Paul Breedlove
22. Gene Fleury
23. Rip Rook
24. Lary Jacobson
25. Adam Lindsay

There were some folks that planned to be there but had cars that were down. Volvoman was one, Dan Powell another.

Next years event looks to be shaping up for Bremerton Raceway. There is also a BOP race in Bremerton on October 1st that looks like its going to be a good turnout.

As most of you know I plan to take next year off. I wanted to thank everyone for their support over the years. Sure there was some work and stress on my part putting the event together. It was a selfish effort as I really enjoyed the racing on the track, the bench racing in the pits, all the laughs, and most of all the cool people!

I hope to be able to help the team that plans and organizes the Bremerton event, but on race day in 2006 I'm going to relax and have fun! :D

Thanx Dave for the write-up. I have been looking forward to it as I do every year. Now if I can just get all this footage on the computer and start getting this show put together. I am in need of one thing though. I am looking for any footage anybody has of previous years, especially for the last 2 years but it would be really cool to have some from the years before that. Any format will be fine. I can convert most anything. I would love to get the footage from last year of the pucker moment (you know what I am talking about if you were there. I wasn't but I heard it was close.). Looking forward to any help we can get with this.

Pictures will work too.

Dave, I always love reading your write-ups and I'm glad to be a part of this group of guys. As always my wife and I can't wait for next year to come around. :biggrin:

Adam
P.S. I didn't wax my inner fenders................just my frame rails............and control arms.........................and brake calipers, but NOT my inner fenders ;)

I have video footage from last year at Turbo Thunder. I'm not sure what the "pucker moment" is, but if you can describe it I will check and see if I have it.

The "Pucker" moment was when Dennis got just a little out of shape ;) and crossed the center. I think you'd remember if you saw it. :eek:

Adam

The footage I have is imbedded into my memory :eek: I don't ever want to have a pucker moment of my own.

And they call it a "pucker moment" because for that brief moment your butthole puckers up.