TURBO TOO BIG? Slow/no boost

Cam looks fine. Might be a little big but I doubt it is holding you back. Timing set? New? Cam straight up or advanced? Was is degreed in?
Fuel pressure with vac line off?
Chip? Injectors?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
Cam is straight up. Fuel pressure with vac line off goes up.i have it set at 45 rightnow. I have a turbo tweak chip and factory injectors. I have contacted bison and they will advise me on what i need to make this right

You don't have enough fuel with the stock injectors. What is the chip burned for?

Cam is straight up. Fuel pressure with vac line off goes up.i have it set at 45 rightnow. I have a turbo tweak chip and factory injectors. I have contacted bison and they will advise me on what i need to make this right
Definitely change the injectors they cant keep up.

Sounds like the converter is not what you think it is. It's probably nowhere near 2800 stall. Not sure on that turbo either. If it were me I'd be looking at a matched set-turbo and converted.
Sounds like the converter is not what you think it is. It's probably nowhere near 2800 stall. Not sure on that turbo either. If it were me I'd be looking at a matched set-turbo and converted.
Yea its sounding like it. Im just waitin on a word back from bison for a good turbo setup. Honestly i think even a factory replacement would do the job

Ok.i have a set of 43.5 injectors should that suffice? And then possibly get my chip reburned?
Their big enough for what your doing but they aren't the greatest they don't idle to good, id go with flow matched 60's

You don't have enough fuel with the stock injectors. What is the chip burned for?

The chip needs to be burned for the injectors. If it has a certain percent, that can vary the delivery by changing the size of the injector. If the chip is calling for 50% at a certain rpm with the stock(approx 30lb) this will be at 15lbs, then you go with the 42 at the 50% you get 21lbs. This can cause idle and other probs. This is just a simplified example using easy numbers. The bigger problem comes when you get to needing 100% and you only get the 30lbs but the car needs the 39 or 42 or 48lbs. Again just example, your car you will need to tune. Scanmaster or some other scantool numbers become necessary to get where you want to be.

I have contacted bison and they will advise me on what i need to make this right
this will be your most important phone call(y)an unknown comp wheel with a stage 3 cheetah turbine with a converter stalling at 2000rpm with a stock injector:(

Dang, how hard do you want it to pull? Looks like your GN has done broke ya collar bone.

Put the stock turbo back on.

The chip needs to be burned for the injectors. If it has a certain percent, that can vary the delivery by changing the size of the injector. If the chip is calling for 50% at a certain rpm with the stock(approx 30lb) this will be at 15lbs, then you go with the 42 at the 50% you get 21lbs. This can cause idle and other probs. This is just a simplified example using easy numbers. The bigger problem comes when you get to needing 100% and you only get the 30lbs but the car needs the 39 or 42 or 48lbs. Again just example, your car you will need to tune. Scanmaster or some other scantool numbers become necessary to get where you want to be.

So what ur saying is to get it where i want it.leave factory injectors in it and reinstall factory turbo. Otherwise if i swap injectors i will have to reburn chip etc etc?

The chip needs to be burned for the injectors and if you are running alcohol, ported heads, extra cubes, things way different than stock.
As.it is now you don't have enough engine to provide the exhaust to spin the turbo where the torque converter you are using is forcing the car to move at 2k rpm. That is why a higher stall works with larger turbos as it lets the engine spun faster and be able to generate exhaust volume to make the turbo spin.

I figured you still had a stock turbo. If you are buying one get a ta49 or something similar. Just a bit bigger than stock so it can move more air while playing nice with your 2k stall converter.
If those really are the stock injectors I would go bigger. I run 42 in mine because I found em used and cheap with a tt 5.6 chip . If I had unlimited budget I'd have a new flow matched set of 60s. Really if I had the budget I'd be Rollin a 4.1L with a stroke kit and some real nice custom forged pistons to get zero deck and 9 or so to one compression, a kick-A roller cam and the ta62 I have in a box. But back to reality and i tune what I have.

Last edited: