Turbo Tweak chip question.

m6z

I installed a turbo tweak street chip and my car developed a hot start problem. Car will not restart until it cools off for 30 or 40 minutes. (this happened to me 3 times in a row sunday) So I reinstalled my old 100 octane lubrant chip that came with the car, drove the car everywhere yesterday and the car fired right up every time. It was quite a bit hotter here yesterday then it was sunday.

So why it doing this? I haven't touched the fuel pressure since I put the old chip in.

I need to figure this out, because I also have a TT race chip I was wanting to try out at the track this weekend, but can't if the cars not going to restart hot.

Thanks for the help,
Doug

Did you reset the ecm memory with the chip change? Are you running a translator box? If you are there is a certain position for the switches in the box. Directions that came with your chip should cover those. If that's not the problem just contact Eric. I'm sure he'll be glad to help get your problem corrected.

Your other chip probably has the stock cranking pulsewidth values which would squirt more fuel during cranking. I recalibrate the cranking fuel for big injectors. On some cars, voltage to the injectors drops quite low during cranking which can cause a fuel delivery issue. Your other chips cranking fuel may be covering up the issue by squirting in more fuel. I can bump up the cranking fuel for you if you want. You might also want to consider a new injector harness (or check the voltage at the injectors to see if that's the problem).
Shoot me an email with your info and we'll get it straightened out.