Turbo upgrade? will it make a difference

BARRACUDA1968

I am going to upgrade my injectors to 60's and get a new chip from TT.

I currently have a TA60 that has a fresh rebuild by the PO.

I have done a lot of reading about turbo's in the last couple day's, most of which I don't really understand but what has me curious is can I get a newer style turbo that will make the same power I currently make on less boost? If I'm going to get new injectors and chip I might as well get everything set up for a new turbo if I decide to replace my TA60. My current turbo seems to lag a little more than I would like.

Keep in mind this is mostly a street car with limited track duty so I want to keep it streetable.

If you suggest a different turbo please explain why and how it will help me.

Thanks Brett

The biggest restriction with the ta60 is the small t31 turbine whell which is done around 120mph. You can upgrade to a stage 5 or p trim wheel to better utilize the 60-1 compresor.

Ok, so dollars and cents should I send mine off for a retrofit or just sell it since it's basically new and take that money toward a newer style turbo?

I don't mind spending a little money if the results are there. I drive the car a lot so swapping the turbo out for a new one will lesson the down time. Then I would just sell my 42.5 injectors and the TA60.

I have Siemans 60lb injectors, TT chip to match and a CPT66 BB turbo, all perfect that I'll sell you for a good package deal price. Only reason I took them off is I switched to E85 and went bigger turbo. Car ran 10.80's with that turbo. Fun on the street. Let me know if your interested.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok, so dollars and cents should I send mine off for a retrofit or just sell it since it's basically new and take that money toward a newer style turbo?

I don't mind spending a little money if the results are there. I drive the car a lot so swapping the turbo out for a new one will lesson the down time. Then I would just sell my 42.5 injectors and the TA60.

Get in touch with bison and he will take good care of you and help you with your turbo needs. You would come out cheaper just by upgrading it.

If your current turbo has lag now with a smaller turbine the bigger one will be even slower.that turbo should go low 11 and spool like lightning making a great street combo.