Turbo

butch2000

so , have not been into my car for a while , life in the way , but recently got it out , what is the latest and greatest turbo to run, 11:00 to 11:50 , range , my old school setup used a te60 ? and it's getting alittle loose, so an upgrade is in the future. thanks

Precision 6262 is perfect. Put one on this year. Had a TE44 on it and it went 11.7-11.8. New TE 6262, the car goes 11.20's. Nice turbo for a little street brawler:) My signature has the specifics on my combo.

TryMeGT said:
Precision 6262 is perfect. Put one on this year. Had a TE44 on it and it went 11.7-11.8. New TE 6262, the car goes 11.20's. Nice turbo for a little street brawler:) My signature has the specifics on my combo.

Cool. What was the mph change?

TryMeGT said:
Was trapping 112-113mph, now I am trapping 118-120mph with 1.6x 60fts. The 60ft. did not change.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I have the mph and the 60s but my converter doesn't eighth well. I pick up 25+ out the back though when locked.

Did you use the same converter with both turbos? Tia

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I have the mph and the 60s but my converter doesn't eighth well. I pick up 25+ out the back though when locked.

Did you use the same converter with both turbos? Tia
The converter is the same. An old 9x11 2800-3200 stall that has been in there since 2004. I don't lock it anymore and haven't for a few years. It drug the motor down too far on RPM's at shift. I gain about about 23-24 out back not locked. If I remember, I am darn conisistent in the 1/8th with 7.2-7.3's. I guess I could try locking it again and see what happens. It is hitting the shift light much sooner now at 5800 and just bumps it coming through the traps which it never did before. Maybe I will try it:)

I don't know what combo you're running but one vote for the Precision 5831. I did a writeup in the turbo section on it.

ks

TryMeGT said:
The converter is the same. An old 9x11 2800-3200 stall that has been in there since 2004. I don't lock it anymore and haven't for a few years. It drug the motor down too far on RPM's at shift. I gain about about 23-24 out back not locked. If I remember, I am darn conisistent in the 1/8th with 7.2-7.3's. I guess I could try locking it again and see what happens. It is hitting the shift light much sooner now at 5800 and just bumps it coming through the traps which it never did before. Maybe I will try it:)

I bet you'll pick up a couple more mph but looks like your converter is getting it done already even open. Nice setup.

I bet you'll pick up a couple more mph but looks like your converter is getting it done already even open. Nice setup.
Will lock it next time out just to see what happens:) Other than that I just want a 10.xx at BG. If i get that I am done willl back the boost down to 18lbs and be legal again.

Will lock it next time out just to see what happens:) Other than that I just want a 10.xx at BG. If i get that I am done willl back the boost down to 18lbs and be legal again.

You are right there! BG seems to make that happen. See you there! Are you racing TAI or what class?

I don't know what combo you're running but one vote for the Precision 5831. I did a writeup in the turbo section on it.

ks

The 5831 is essentially a TE44/TA49. That's what he had. The 6262 is the new sh*t!

You are right there! BG seems to make that happen. See you there! Are you racing TAI or what class?
No Alky on my car, I just run the 110 octane. I run the bracket class. Look me up when you get to BG, Ohio plate 1 QUIK 6

The 5831 is essentially a TE44/TA49. That's what he had. The 6262 is the new sh*t!
Hmm. He says that he was using the TE60 in the initial post... I figured the 6262 would be overkill for what he was looking to run and may be better off with the smaller unit for better throttle response.

ks