TurboBuick.com Nationals Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I will be "attempting" to load a small portion of video I got today from the dyno challenge. I am no videographer by anymeans:tongue:

We saw a decent crowd today, being a Monday and the 1st day of the 1st event.

It was like Buick Guru's Galore:biggrin:

In order I saw them;

Brian Weaver, Nick Micale, Pete H, Paul Ferry, Cal Hartline, Jack Cotton, Harry H and Patrick, Otto, Bob Bailey, Jay Carter, Lonnie D, Nick Micale, John Spina (I think), and I am sure I am forgetting someone:redface:

It was so nice to meet everyone again and some for the first time... It was nice meeting Nick for the 1st time twice;):biggrin::biggrin:

The dyno challenge is still going on. As of the first round of testing Steve Thompson made a 720+ pull before the new turbo:eek:

We had a nice turnout of members and some NICE TR's come in...

Tomorrow will only get better as each day will! Thanks to all that attended and most importantly THANKS MR. RICHARD CLARK!!!!!

The dyno challenge is still going on. As of the first round of testing Steve Thompson made a 720+ pull before the new turbo:eek:
What turbo/boost was that at? What Turbo is going on next? How's the weather look for the week?

What turbo/boost was that at? What Turbo is going on next? How's the weather look for the week?

Weather is looking good!

I am not 100% sure on the combo's of the 5 challange cars so I will not say...

Patrick is doing a video log and keeping notes so I expect he will be posting in detail...

4276(cast, journal bearing) @23 lbs--4276 billet dual BB w/ air cooled center---ended up making 830 if i remember correctly after the boost was turned up.

Geoff

That sounds about right. He still made quite a bit more even at the same boost level.

I wish I would have been there for this!
Had some trailer issues. Buying a new one in the morning. Looks like the weather is cooperating.

Bryan

Waiting for pics/vids/results....:confused:

As far as actual results I will leave that up to Patrick Rubio to post cuz he has all the data. I know that Derricks car picked up 40 hp at same boost level (24psi) 70gtq was 469hp and 71hpq was 509hp. Steve T. was 742hp and ended up over 830hp with 4276 cast jb vs 4276 billet bb wheel. Long story short EVERY participant was more than satisfied with their results. Thank Patrick and Harry for offering such deep discounts to the Buick guys. We have only just begun!!!

For the first day, I think things went really well. I too got to meet people and put names to faces! Weather was a little chilly except for when the sun would peak through a couple times. I think she is planning on making more appearances the rest of the week!:cool:

I think everyone who got to participate in the Dyno Challenge was "Happy Campers". Everyone got more horsepower and it isn't everyday that you have Cal Hartline, Bob Bailey, Otto, Harry Hruska, Patrick and several other Buick Guru's tune on your car at one time. I was drooling just watching!!

The shirts and sweatshirts for this event look absolutely GREAT!! Some of the best ones i've seen.

Turbobuick.com, Shane, Richard Clark, Clint, and Everyone involved in planning this event have put together an awesome event. They have pulled no stops on this one. If there is anyway you can attend, I encourage you to do so. They have even more great things to come!!

I hope to see everyone!! THANKS to Turbobuick.com, Shane, Richard, Clint & everyone!

DAMN Jenifer ya'll must have gotten home late, posted @ 11:15 pm. it was good to see you & Scott again.

Attachments

• DSC08157 (Medium).JPG
    DSC08157 (Medium).JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 674
  • DSC08158 (Medium).JPG
    DSC08158 (Medium).JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 639
  • DSC08159 (Medium).JPG
    DSC08159 (Medium).JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC08162 (Medium).JPG
    DSC08162 (Medium).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 663
  • DSC08165 (Medium).JPG
    DSC08165 (Medium).JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 659
The guy in the second vid with a big grin from ear to ear how did he make out? :biggrin:

Later AJ

up 40 hp at same boost level (24psi) 70gtq was 469hp and 71hpq was509

i need to get me one of them.man i wish i was there:biggrin:

I had the opportunity to speak to Patrick yesterday more in depth about the results. I think everyone was way more than impressed with the new tech... He explained a few things to me and I have a little better feel for what is going on... Impressed is putting it mildly...

Status
Not open for further replies.