TurboIndian's 42-76 eye candy...

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
Comp. housing:

Cut off the v-band outlet, and welded on a hose clamp style outlet off of a Cummins... :cool: Khai then had some blending to work on at the weld area.

PS- That's a stock TA-series housing in the pics... :eek:

Exh. housing:

Not too sure how much it will help, but we radiused the divider and cleaned up the casting some.

K.

Attachments

• 42-76 006.jpg
    42-76 006.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 637
  • 42-76 008.jpg
    42-76 008.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 640
  • 42-76 001.jpg
    42-76 001.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 628
  • 42-76 005.jpg
    42-76 005.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 635
Looks like some Norwegian war horn. You should be standing on a mountain top blowing it, with a deerskin tunic on! :biggrin: :eek:

looks good Keith & Khai should be going together this weekend.

just some high 8.90's @ about 152 or so.:wink: nothing fancy, it's just a little 6 cyl. street car. :biggrin:

Insert Evil laugh! NICE! Is there a "transplant" or build thread for your car anywhere? The more I play with these engines the more I like them!

The changes won't do much for power, but hey they can't hurt either.

Yeah, that's about what I figured as well. The comp. housing change was for TurboIndian's particular fitment. The exh. housing where the divider starts was a flat edge, so I figured putting the radius would help some with the transition from the 4-bolt header.

K.

Is there a "transplant" or build thread for your car anywhere?
no this is going to be a new combo. it a 274ci on center stage II, champion GN1R heads, BGC intake, 42-76 turbo, 160# inj., bank to bank FAST, PTE front mount intercooler, & a Jannis built TH350 tranny.

If you want evrything,You should knife edge the divider so the air flow right over it,Dont get to crazy though.
Not sure if will do anything though, Just a thought

If you want evrything,You should knife edge the divider so the air flow right over it...

Funny you mention... I thought that as well originally, but then Joe Mondello learned me otherwise... :biggrin: If you ever have the chance to discuss airflow, cylinder heads, etc. with him do so, he'll talk your ear off... ;)

K.

Steve
As u know , The untouched 42-76 on my car almost ran your times are looking for with a smaller motor.This was at only 25 psi @ 3465#. Im sure a better converter in that combo should have netted me 8.90s at 152-153. You will certainly reach your goals rather easy :wink: :cool:

Steve
As u know , The untouched 42-76 on my car almost ran your times are looking for with a smaller motor.This was at only 25 psi @ 3465#. Im sure a better converter in that combo should have netted me 8.90s at 152-153. You will certainly reach your goals rather easy :wink: :cool:
well I think my mph will be a little high for the et until I get the suspension worked out & get the short time down.

Long live the very few left like Joe Mondello

then Joe Mondello learned me

K.

Joe Mondello & Co. have taught much to many.

Joe Mondello & I first met on a shared Olds engine project in the '60s.

What I liked most & remember above all else

about Joe Mondello is his personal credo:

"We make HORSEPOWER, not PROMISES!!"

...Joe Mondello is his personal credo:

"We make HORSEPOWER, not PROMISES!!"

They still do... ;) We were at his place in May, and got there just after Harley-Davidson had left the building with their jaws on the floor. Joe was showing them what their SE-103 & SE-110 heads could do on the wet-bench after he touched them up with the grinder.

K.