Turbomotion Group Purchase UPDATE.

tjhgn85

The Fast and the Furious
Hey guys, have not heard but from 2 of the Oct guys so far. So Oct does not make real sence if alot of guys want to wait till next year. So lets do this....... move the Oct purchase to Feb that way we can get the guys who need to wait till after the year in on this and not screw them by doing this now, and we'll get more guys for Jay.

Tim

I was one of the ones who was in for October. If we can get a good deal on it around feb, then that would be cool, but I wouldn't want to push it back any later than that.

how can i join this group purchase?

im really interested in this

Hey guys, I wish someone would have said something last week. I just drove down to see Jay on 10-8, and gave him a down payment. Well, at least I can count on him to be cool enough to understand. Just do me and everyone else a favor. If you agree on Feb., actually do it. It sucks to leave a guy like Jay hangin, and it makes it hard on the guys who actually do put the cash together for the intended date. I am not complaining, I just thought someone needed to say this. Because in the beginning (@ 2 mos. ago) we had more than 12 sure fire buyers, and now only 2 are willing to cough up the dough.

Nothing against what you did National 84 but there goes another one out of the group purchase. This is so crazy. We got guys saying they are in, then they back out, and you are the 3rd guy now from the group to just bail and buy it on his own, which is cool......... but it kinda defeats the whole purpose of the GROUP purchase. I agree with not leaving Jay hanging, but enough is enough.. think I may just bail myself and buy it alone............

Hi-
If you guys can come up with 4 people I will still honor the 8 person price of 1250.00. That is 150.00 dollar savings. If there is any thing else I can do to make an oct. sale please let me know.
jay

$1250.00?!?!...

Dude!!! count me in, from reading the previous posts...the purchase would be some time in Feb right? I'm There!!

Hey, not to be misunderstood, When I went to see Jay, I made it clear that I was part of the group purchase, and he was cool with that. SO, I still count as one of the October Gp guys. I said I was in, and I am. No matter what. Take the house, take the bike, take the Old Ladies car...this Buick is gonna fly!!!:D

Tjhgn85, do you still want to do this at the end of october? Including National84 and both of us we only need to find one more.

i'm interested

hey I will be willing to go in on the purchase for the end of this month. however I'd like to know about the intake. I'm going to be rebuilding my engine over the winter so I'm looking for good parts to do it with. what kind of advantages can I look at seeing over the stock intake? and is this intake comaptible with intercooler?(doesn't matter either way...i'm thinking of rebuilding and going back to hot-air) what kind of turbo do I need to work with this intake??

I'm going to be putting alot into my car.
injectors, fuel pump,cam,pistons,valvesprings, some headwork, and now possibly a new intake.

and for my last question...what will be the individual price in this group purchase??

thanks alot for the info....If this intake will work with what I'm planning this winter then count me in.....I'll let ya know

The V2 kit comes with a new intake that is alot better than the stock one. This intake removes the neckdown where the old turbo goes into the intake. This one has the throttlebody and air entering the intake more towards the front. The kit comes with everything needed except gaskets and such and you also will need an electric fan. The intercooler is a modified 86/7, the necks are modified to work with the intake and they flow better than the stock ones.

If you want to stay without an intercooler, then he also has a V3 intake which is alot better than the stock one but does not include the intercooler and is cheaper because of it.

Your stock turbo will work with both, but you will probably want to upgrade soon.

HEY HEY GUYS......

Don't be forgettin' 'ol HOTSIX here ! I've been away for a few days from the board and I am not missin' the boat on this. I am a DEFINITE for this thing.

October sounds rockin' if we got the commitment. I'm sitting here staring at my cash waiting for the details.

#1. Where (address) do I send the money order and what do I write on it (payable to ?) ?

#2. How much now ?

#3. I know I asked this before but will Jay throw in the small stuff like gaskets and the two grommets etc ?

#4. How much extra is shipping gonna be ?

Let's give a big thumbs WAY up to Tim who organized this thing...god knows it has been less than easy !!! Also a big thumbs up to Jay for accomodating us.

Gimme details !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

It's good to see that some of the early participants are still hangin in there and ready to go. I don't know about the cost of shipping, but when I talked to Jay, he explained to me that with the price he's doing these for he can't add the extras. BUt what you need to remember is what all does come with the kit. A new throttle body, custom fabricated intake(gutted, flow improved, and relocated TB to eliminate the heat,) a modified intercooler, super lightweigt aluminum tubing, all the rubber connection hoses in Nitril, all the proper wiring to make it work and look factory, and as an added bonus, a special turbo bracket that makes it easy to get to the oil feed line after the turbo has been clocked. Not a bad deal at $1400, but when you knock of the extra $150 for the GP...WOW! The whole setup is cheaper than most places want for just an intercooler for a hotair.
As far as performance, I have heard there are better idle characteristics, better throttle response, and oh yeah MORE POWER!

TO find out where the cash goes email Jay TT276stg2.
HE is only asking for half up front from each buyer, more if you can.

Oh, yeah, thanks to Tim for all the blood sweat and tears of putting this thing together.

Ok guys here is an update. I just received a deposite from Omar Cunningham and I have received some monies from Mike (National84) so that is 2.
Tim If you guys want, we will do this. Including Tim, 85t-type, and HOTSIX we will lock down an Oct. group purchase. If you 3 guys will call me we will get the works working. And Tim's very hard work can come to an end. It will be 5 total people. YNOVATE and 85 TRRRR seem to be leading to feb if I read you guys right. If however you want in now thats cool too. My number is 941.228.3136 and my e-mail is citori1@home.com Thank you all very much!
jay

Ok guys here is an update. I just received a deposite from Omar Cunningham and I have received some monies from Mike (National84) so that is 2.
Tim If you guys want, we will do this. Including Tim, 85t-type, and HOTSIX we will lock down an Oct. group purchase. If you 3 guys will call me we will get the works working. And Tim's very hard work can come to an end. It will be 5 total people. YNOVATE and 85 TRRRR seem to be leading to feb if I read you guys right. If however you want in now thats cool too. My number is 941.228.3136 and my e-mail is citori1@home.com Thank you all very much!
jay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I am still in. With me, 85t-type, and HOTSIX that gives you 5 for Oct cool........ Jay I will call you in the next week to work out the details. HotSix. got your email I emailed you back. Guys, Jay quoted us a price for $1250, half when ordering half when shipped. Please call Jay with details. You guys can tell him who you are and send the money to him, not to me.

Tim

OUTSTANDING

Jay...I will call you in the next day or so.

Anyone know exactly what else I will need to do it ? 2 Grommets, intake gasket....what else ?
Jay...how much does it weigh roughly ?

FEB Group buy??

Sorry I can't make it for this one for the October group buy. I thought this one was for the buy in Febuary...I guess I missread the beginning post. But, if there is still going to be a group buy in Feb or as soon as January, I'll be more prepared and still have some cash to rebound on. College life is hard.

whats being purchased from Turbo motion??

I was looking into buying some of there products around the Jan/Feb 02 time frame from TurboMotion.I Wanted to know what you all where in for and can i get in on it .More information would be nessesary.

Intercooler packages!!! With good scrounging, I could easilly do a next-year, and some other guys have also stepped up. If you guys want, I'll co-ordinate the next year purchase and just track who's in and so-on. If money is too tight to go V.2, then there is always the V.3 option (which I believe is upgradable, right Jay?), and it just went 11.91@way faster than I'll ever go!

I'd also like to say a big hat's off to Tim for arranging this whole deal. He took the initiative to get the ball rolling and is bringing some good, hard-earned cash to Jay's shop. Supporting our vendors is the only way we're going to keep them interested in supplying us with top notch products. Thanks Tim, and big thanks to Jay for all the time spent working on something for a fairly small market. We'll try and make it worth you time! :)