Turbonetics GT-K, anybody using them?

Sorry I should have specified what car I was referring to. That DP looks sweet!

Jack, any backpressure readings with these yet?

I'm sure it was an honest mistake, the engine shot near the beginning of the thread is mine. It is a Chines knockoff 3.5" which has been modified along with a set of TA headers for an External Tial V44 waste gate. The China DP fits like a glove! :biggrin:

Datar

95' regal gs, I have an older set of ATR headers that Brian had to do alot of cleanup work on and rewelding to get them up to snuff again. We used a 3 to 4 bolt adapter for the exhaust housing. We had to use 2 spacer plates for the plenum so the 4 inch pipe would clear the intercooler pipe.

Hey thanks, the reason I ask is that your combo is quite similar to what I've been planning since I picked up my T-type, though I'm considering TA headers.

So what's one of those Turbo's list for Jack?

Btw, I was looking at Brians DP he made for that car. Wow, he has really got making DP's down to a science now huh? Very nice. I am considering having him do mine over the winter when I switch to a 4 bolt. I'm kinda liking that Turbo as well.

Brett, I don't know if you seen this pic yet, but I wanted to show you another shot of the turbo. It's a "during the build pic." I am very happy with the turbo so far and we haven't even seen the full poetential of it yet!:eek: Jack really hasn't touched the program except for the first run to add fuel. Brian really did do a fantastic job on the downpipe. (and the rest of the build for that matter) I couldn't be happier with them both!:biggrin:

GTK-850.jpg

Brett, I don't know if you seen this pic yet, but I wanted to show you another shot of the turbo. It's a "during the build pic." I am very happy with the turbo so far and we haven't even seen the full poetential of it yet!:eek: Jack really hasn't touched the program except for the first run to add fuel. Brian really did do a fantastic job on the downpipe. (and the rest of the build for that matter) I couldn't be happier with them both!:biggrin:

GTK-850.jpg

I would say there nothing "Not" to be happy with. That whole project turned out awesome. The DP looks great. I would say at 9.65 at 139 there is not much that needs change. That turbo sure seems to get the job done. Plus that black looks ultra stealth in IMO. How much boost did you throw at it during that 9.65 pass?

I am pretty sure it was 23 psi and topped off at 24 at the top of 3rd gear. I would have to check with Jack tomorrow. He's got all my runs saved on his laptop. You know, I lied, he did touch the program at Pinks. He took some timing away to slow me down due to the fact of my lack of "saftey requirments"(window net,comp license, which is now taken care of) to run in the 9's. That didn't work!:biggrin:

If your running 23-24 lbs of boost and pulling those numbers I would say leave that tune alone. I would have thought you were running close to 30 psi. It sounds perfect to me. That turbo shows that it makes 850 HP.

Based on your et, speed and approximate weight of im assuming 2300-2400 lbs. it looks like ur putting down about 750 rwhp. Seems like that turbo is running about as efficient as it can get.

I can only wish that I will be as happy with my car as you are with yours. Looks like Cotton treated you right. Good for you.

If your running 23-24 lbs of boost and pulling those numbers I would say leave that tune alone. I would have thought you were running close to 30 psi. It sounds perfect to me. That turbo shows that it makes 850 HP.

Based on your et, speed and approximate weight of im assuming 2300-2400 lbs. it looks like ur putting down about 750 rwhp. Seems like that turbo is running about as efficient as it can get.

I can only wish that I will be as happy with my car as you are with yours. Looks like Cotton treated you right. Good for you.

I think that the tune is pretty damn close! The key to the whole thing was that I told Jack what I wanted to do and he told me how to get there. I followed everything he said!

I can't wait for a nice cool day, 30 psi and a little more work with my 60'.

My car, with me in it and 8 gallons of fuel is 3270 lbs. (I just weighed it at E-town)

Yes, the Cotton's definelty treated us right. On and off the track. I have never had a Buick vendor stand behind me like Jack has. Believe me, I have dealt with a few!:rolleyes:

Have you run your car? I see you have an awesome signature. Car has to fly.

I think that the tune is pretty damn close! The key to the whole thing was that I told Jack what I wanted to do and he told me how to get there. I followed everything he said!

I can't wait for a nice cool day, 30 psi and a little more work with my 60'.

My car, with me in it and 8 gallons of fuel is 3270 lbs. (I just weighed it at E-town)

Yes, the Cotton's definelty treated us right. On and off the track. I have never had a Buick vendor stand behind me like Jack has. Believe me, I have dealt with a few!:rolleyes:

Have you run your car? I see you have an awesome signature. Car has to fly.

I can't wait to see how that thing rips at 30 psi. Im contemplating ur turbo for my car over the winter.

My car should hit the streets late fall im hoping. Only a few things left. Not sure if it will see the track this year. It all depends on how fast my buddy Otto and Kash put the car together. It's at my buddy Kashs shop right now. Otto will hopefully thro his mad tuning abilities at it in a month or so. IMO Otto is the best tuner around period. Turbos, Superchargers, Nitrous... whatever he can tune it.

Trust me if I could get my car to run as fast as yours at that kinda boost Id be more then satisfied. Mine will be a street car tho rolling at full weight.

Damn,How hte heck did you get it down to 3270 with you in it??

Glass bumpers, glass hood, cut the crash bars out of the doors, rjc pullies and a/c delete bracket, removed the a/c. 15x5 drag lites in the front, removed front sway bar, 8 gallon cell, aluminum drums, plastic d/s seat, for now the interior is out of the car until winter, I think that is everything.

Brett your car is also 400# heavier so we need to make a bit more power than he is.

I can't wait to see how that thing rips at 30 psi. Im contemplating ur turbo for my car over the winter.

My car should hit the streets late fall im hoping. Only a few things left. Not sure if it will see the track this year. It all depends on how fast my buddy Otto and Kash put the car together. It's at my buddy Kashs shop right now. Otto will hopefully thro his mad tuning abilities at it in a month or so. IMO Otto is the best tuner around period. Turbos, Superchargers, Nitrous... whatever he can tune it.

Trust me if I could get my car to run as fast as yours at that kinda boost Id be more then satisfied. Mine will be a street car tho rolling at full weight.

Brett, I wish you the best of luck. Everyone has there favorites, yours is Otto, and Jack is mine. The only thing that matters is that they are they behind us to see that we meet our goals!

Brett, I wish you the best of luck. Everyone has there favorites, yours is Otto, and Jack is mine. The only thing that matters is that they are they behind us to see that we meet our goals!

The best part is they are only (2) hours from each other.