TV cable adjustment vs CP valve body

Atl_monte

I have been reading how cruciacl proper alignment of the throttle valve cable are when deal ing with the 200-4r, I swapped in a 350 LT1 and was wondering would it be better to attempt to proper adjust the cable or to look towards investing into a TCI constant pressure valve body unit.

So, is that to say you aren't using a carb or just aren't interested in going the extra mile to get the tv cable set up?
A constant pressure vb still requires the tv cable for shifting, or so I've read. The constant pressure supplies constant high pressure so the pump is always under high load.
Your call but for me setting it up and not taxing the pump would be the way to go. Plenty of kits and pieces out there to get it done right.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So, is that to say you aren't using a carb or just aren't interested in going the extra mile to get the tv cable set up?
A constant pressure vb still requires the tv cable for shifting, or so I've read. The constant pressure supplies constant high pressure so the pump is always under high load.
Your call but for me setting it up and not taxing the pump would be the way to go. Plenty of kits and pieces out there to get it done right.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm retaining the EFI on the LT1 I already bought the Lokar throttle cable and TV cable with the correct brakcets was just wondering the best route to go

You have the parts,I'd do it right.
Harsh part throttle shifts with high pressure would get old for me.

They do say the constant pr. vb is rough on the pump and I can see why . It does save the builders butt , however in case of a misajusted TV cable causing a roasted transmision .