Twin Turbo Stage 2, 1200hp

Thats Dave Bamford and his brother Mikes old car. Car Ran 8.4 over 160mph on a small tire 10 years ago at Bowling Green. I know they sold the car but we're still racing the car or something along those line.

Its good to see that car is still around and running

Last edited:
I believe that's my buddy Mike Fujita's car. He purchased it from Bamford a while back.

That car has been put away for a long time. I believe Bamford stores it for him. I see Mike Fujita regularly, next time I run into him I'll ask about the car.

Mike Fujita without a doubt in my mind has the fastest GN in NorCal, 3rd pass 8.31 @164mph. I believe the pass before was like 8.38 @167mph. Full interior, power everything, 10" tire, 3,650 lbs. With him as the owner/tuner and Bamford as his driver, just about anyone will have trouble lining-up. Don't believe me? Go to youtube, "Buick Grand National Twin Turbo Street Car." Need more proof?

Last edited:
Mike Fujita without a doubt in my mind has the fastest GN in Norcal, 3rd pass 8.31 @164mph. With him as the owner/tuner and Dave Bamford as his driver, just about anyone will have trouble lining-up. Don't believe me? Go to youtube, "Buick Grand National Twin Turbo Street Car." Need more proof?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Exactly!! And this was a 3600lbs car doing it close to 10 years ago. This car is a beast for sure.

That was at Bowling Green in like 100°/100% humidity at around 4p, with the track literally weeping/oozing. The conditions were so bad that late in the day, he barely even did a burnout before the pass. Probably the funniest thing though, was all the people they noticed on the sly; tapping on body parts of the car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited: