UB Machine Upper control arms R&L need help!

5ltretr

Ok I just got my UB Machine upper control arms and I cant tell which side left or right, anyone know how to tell the diffrence?

thanks!

I've been procrastinating on getting a set from UB machine. I want to get the ones for the stock TR rotors. What kind did you get? According to what I have read about the UB machine upper CAs, I believe that they are interchangeable for left and right.

The shorter leg goes toward the front of the car. Both arms are actually the same. One just gets flipped over. No sweat. Great fit, easy install.

Yep the shorter leg towards the front but I have a right and left arm. My arms have the screw in balljoints.

The balljoints can either have an angle inwards or almost center, I will just try it on center.

same kit from robert adams.

John, they make tubular replacement arms for our stock control arms.

its a 14 series arm $48 bucks each, 14-0809-5R.

If you go with the B-body spindles you need 19-0739-4.5 (L and R)

Talk to randy in parts at UB Machine very knowledgeable and helpfull

Ahhh. In that case, I know nothing. Great prices and customer service though, huh? Good luck with them. :)

Well, I got my Chrysler screw in BJ mount adjusted 10 degrees. When I got the arm, it just didn't fit. I put an inch of shims on each side and still had +2* camber. I then realized the offset was 1 1/2" (6x1/4") instead of 1 1/8" (4.5x1/4"). I called them up, and tweaked my next pair, since they sent me the wrong pair the first time (I ordered a 19-0739-6 and got a 19-0739-4.5) they sent me the second replacement set for free. I shortened them by 3/8" and changed my offset slightly (to 1"), so my new pair will be 19-071(+1/8")9-4
I'll have a 3/8" shorter arm than the 19-0739-4.5, and it will have 1/8" less offset. Currently, my car is riding an inch higher than stock (~8" to the frame behind the front wheels) because I swapped to a Moog 5660 spring, which was suposed to lower about 1", but unfortunately raised it an inch higher than the car was originally.
I think it was too long because when I had the BJ mount tilted 10*, it put it slightly further away from the cross shaft (hard to explain). Anyway, I'm just hoping the new pair will be correct and will arive within two weeks so I've got the car together for my senior prom.

Jeff Davidson told me to have the BJ mount tilted 10*, but I don't think he did it himself on his pair, did anyone else have the BJ mount tilted? If so, did you have problems with the arms being a little too long?
And, how many shims did you guys have to use with the 7 3/4" long arm, and for how much camber? With or without the tilted BJ mount?

Just remember a 19-arm is a Chrysler BJ, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have the spindle reamed for that BJ shaft if using a 19-arm instead of a 14-arm. I sent mine to UB to have it done right.

when looking at the arms on the car the 2 bars come together and make a V . The V can point up or can point down.

I know the short leg goes on first but how do I know which side is up or down.

thanks!

I think one of the reasons I have been procrastinating on purchasing these upper control arms are the posts I have read about them. They're downright confusing.........especially on the Monte Carlo site. I want to get the arms that are for the stock GN/TR spindles. The number appears to be 14-0809-5R. Info seems to be to use stock replacement balljoints. OK, I got that. Now I read that it's necessary to use a lot of shims for alignment. Is that true? Also, the guy on the MC board made the statement that he should have gotten the offset shafts. :rolleyes: Nobody else mentioned that. I'm not sure if I want to open this can of worms. Can anybody encourage me? :(

"Now I read that it's necessary to use a lot of shims for alignment"

Only if you use those Arms with B-body spindles. Since its still the stock spindle you should be fine. Not sure about an offset.

Talk to randy in parts at UBmachine he knows the right arms.

Originally posted by 5ltretr
not sure about the tilt ? where does the tilt point?
I'm going to email Jeff Davidson and find out. I'll tell you when he responds.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
... Can anybody encourage me? :(

John, I can tell you from personal experience, they're an easy bolt-in. I just used the shim packs that were in there, and the alignment is great. A BIG easy. And for a hundred bucks plus ball joints, how can you go wrong?

In my first post, I said I ordered a 19-0739-6 and got a 19-0739-4.5, sorry that was a typo, I ordered the 19-0739-4.5 and got 19-0739-6... I think I'm confusing Red Regal T even more :p

Originally posted by Mac in SD
John, I can tell you from personal experience, they're an easy bolt-in. I just used the shim packs that were in there, and the alignment is great. A BIG easy. And for a hundred bucks plus ball joints, how can you go wrong?

Thanks Mac for your encouragement. I believe it's been a good upgrade for you. You're correct........the price is right. After I get back from the Nationals I'll get hot on it. ;)

OK just for refrence if anyone needs this info in the future.

The Short arm towars the front of car.

The bars meeting at the balljoint points up.

The balljoint spindle tilts towards the inside of the car.