Under-Hood Heater Box Vac. Lines.

motorhead

motorhead mike
There are 2 hard plastic lines coming out from the firewall/PS inner fender area.

Where does each go?

Thanks,

One goes to the heater valve on one of the heater core hoses, and the other goes on the hard line on the back of the intake. It is the one welded to the big one for the PCV. I think that is right. I'm not under the hood, so I'm typing from memory.

Brian

Originally posted by wagon
the other goes on the hard line on the back of the intake. It is the one welded to the big one for the PCV. I think that is right. I'm not under the hood, so I'm typing from memory.

Thanks Brain... I mean Brian ;)

So the second line shares the same "output" as the vac line for the MAP sensor, correct?

Whoops! Hold everything. I was only 50% Brain, the other 62% was scatter brain.
I am now home, so had the oppurtunity to pop the hood. I'm glad I did.
One goes to the heater valve like I said before. The other goes to the a check valve. This check valve has two ports on one side(one for the HVAC system, the other goes to the cruise, if ya got it). The port on the other side goes to a 'T' that is just below the EGR valve on the PS of the intake. The check valve is located near the firewall, near the Power Monster brakes, and the EGR solenoid. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

Brian