Update on my 87 T

Rare91

Not sure if I posted photos of my Buick after I acquired it? Bought from family friend who was the original owner for next to nothing. 123K on the clock and in need of paint and upholstery. Well it now sports a new paint job, upholstery, vacuum conversion, Razor's alky kit, wheels and tires. Let me know what you think?

Attachments

• newbuick.jpg
    newbuick.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 307
looks really good man, ive always liked the combo of grey with black bumpers. Congrats on the new car.

oh and zip tie that fuel pump hotwire thats hanging down, mine was as well and i caught a stick on it lol and drug it down the highway for a few miles and didn't even know it:D have fun with it

lol...good catch there. Forgot to mention I also upgraded the fuel system with the Racetronix setup. I need to tidy it up a little better so I avoid catching it on something.
The car originally had chrome bumpers with the blackout trim option. I liked the looks of others with the black bumpers so I had the chrome ones blasted and powdercoated to match the trim.

Nice ride, are those the new M/T drag radials on the back? How do you like them on the street?

They are the new M/T Drag Radials....275/50's...Only had one day to try them out and the ambient temp was 37 degrees. Things still hooked well launching at 5 lbs. Can't wait for some warmer weather......:D

Hmmmm, so that's what my car would look like with Draglites....lol. I have a Gray 87 T with WO2 trim package as well....165K miles and was a one owner car up until about a year ago. Got the basics done....340, hotwired, 009's, JC chip, Accufab regulator, rail mount fp gauge, SM2. Ordered the Hooker catback last night from Summit and already have a 3" replacement downpipe (left over from my 1st turbo Buick). I'll also have a T'netics Stg3 Cheetah for it shortly, so not staying stock for long. I was thinking of going with Telstars instead of the Draglites....don't see them around here very often.

grayt6.jpg

Hmmm, guess it's not wanting to show the pic.....oh well, just have to attach it...lol.

Attachments

• grayt4.jpg
    grayt4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 225
BTW....Is your Gray T a digital dash or standard dash car? Mine is a digital dash, which kind of threw me when I first saw it. Non Concert Sound 2 car with aluminum rear drums....non G80 though...:(

Mine is an anaolg dash, factory light weight. Very few options were ordered...aluminum bumper supports, rear drums, non-G80, power locks, manual windows.

Nice car man, looks just like my 87 grey car.

I just might have ad the black bumpers to mine too, do you have any more pics of the car?

Mine is a 87 greyish blue hardtop with grey split bench column shift GNX style dash cluster and draglites....

BW

Looks good. I have a question and comment;

- Is it me or is the 3.8 SFI TURBO emblem on the hood BLACK??

- Looks like your "T" emblem on the fender is too high.....eh, maybe not.

Yes the hood emblem as well as the rear emblem are black. After I had the bumpers powdercoated I decided to black out the emblems also. Makes it appear slightly more sinister to me. As far as the T emblems go...I used a surplus passenger front fender with the emblem still attached for the measurements.

Same here on the options list being rather short. It does have power windows/locks, power antenna but that's about it. Full manual seats, no power trunk release, and it does have aluminum bumper supports. I was unsure about the bumper supports, so went and looked. Guess I need to find some scales and weigh the car to see how much lighter it is compared to what my 87 GN was.

I did get lucky and get the original window sticker, bill of sale, and a few other documents/books with the car. I'll have to go back and see how many options it really had. It's interesting because I was wondering how many gray 87 turbo T's were out there.

I thought it looked like the hood emblems were blacked out......Nice subtle touch...:D

Kenny,
I will get a close up of the emblem you requested. Thanks for the compliments guys...next objective is to revive the motor/turbo combo.

Found a photo I took the day I brought the Buick home. Car had sat for 6 years. Drained and replaced all fluids, changed the battery, and handed the original owner $2500..I think I got a great deal?

Picture would not attach....will try again.