Update! On pt6266

ScottyG

well here's a update!
My buddy went ahead and order the pt6266 ported s-cover JB a/r .63

So we hooked it up last weekend ! Got everything together that he order!
So we let it go through its first heat cycle idling for 20mins. Let it cool down to tighten up all the bolts on the turbo! Another heat cycle just to double check everything!

First test hit to see where boost is at 30lbs !
So we back it down a little hits 26lbs !

So we are seeing how the car is I added some fuel to the tune for him just to be safe! He is running sticky mickeys out back! And this thing is hazying the tires from a roll
So we get into boost again and bam car falls on it face in 2gear! So we pull over to check everything and everything is fine. Go to take off and still no boost! So at this point we are like wtf happen! 10miles on the new turbo! Limped it back to the shop and take off intake pipe and the turbo is locked up ! We are like wtf 10miles and less than a hour run time on the thing!
We go over the car, make sure there was oil to the feed and just checking everything over at this point!
After crying we threw the old stocker back on and 25lbs over and over and over again doesn't miss a beat.

We send the turbo out to precision Monday! And we know they don't warranty anything so at this point we are thinking total lost!

Yesterday precision called my buddy and said they the turbo is gonna be covered and that it was a manufacture defect! They told him that a assembly guy didn't put the other bearing in the turbo! So they told him that they shipped out a brand new turbo!

So that's pretty cool that the engine didn't get harmed in anyway and we are going to throw it back on this weekend! Sorry for the long story
couldn't believe that the turbo lasted that long with only one bearing

There's one more part to the story but am not going to post it unless someone mentions it

Well! I'm glad it worked out! You should set the boost acutator loose for first hit! Next time make sure you do! I'm EXHAUSTED from all this excitement!!!:rolleyes:

Drank the Cool-Aid..... "Someone else mentions it" that Precision is junk..... You should throw it out instead of throwing back on! "Engine didn't get harmed this time." What about the next time? Nice to hear that they honored it. Go Garett or BW.

So night and day difference with the 6266? whats the rest of the combo?

Glad your motor isn't locked up. I got my 6262 from bison with a garret .63 housing, but haven't run the car yet.