upgrading my combo / looking for opinions

TA49-WE4

Ok so I broke my timing chain on my engine due to an install error. Well what's done is done so its time to move forward.

Engine is out of the car and it is going to go to the machine shop to get hot tanked cleaned/checked for cracks and have new bearings put in it and have the marks in the pistons polished out.

Assuming all is well with the short block, I think it will be ok. Here is the list of upgrades that I plan on installing to add to the list of stuff that is already on the car. ( see sig for complete list of things done )

Upgrades:

Champion iron heads
Champion stock ported intake
Harland sharp roller rockers 1.55
New pushrods
Pte stock location IC
Rjc girdle with crank scraper
Rjc oil pan
Rjc valve cover spacers
Rjc head gaskets
Arp head studs
Arp main studs
New front cover with high volume oil pump

Going to replace my turbo with a 6262 in the near future after my pt 61-69 gives up. Its getting some shaft play.

Does this sound like a good combo?
This car is 85% street 15% track.

Looking to run mid to low 11's on low boost lets say 18lb's and maybe just break into the 10's on like 23 to 25 lb's. ( car 60ft's now in the 1.6 range with ease )

Does this sound realistic?

I know tune is everything on these and my car does have a powerlogger/ wideband 6.0 turbotweak self adjusting setup. Like I said before my complete setup is in my sig.

Thanks

HI,
The combo looks built for strength, I wish I could have done all that with my recent rebuild. You said you broke a timing chain,did the cam seize,or what? Speaking of which,what are your cam plans? It sounds like a pretty fine business plan....

HI,
The combo looks built for strength, I wish I could have done all that with my recent rebuild. You said you broke a timing chain,did the cam seize,or what? Speaking of which,what are your cam plans? It sounds like a pretty fine business plan....

Timing chain tensioner was installed on a comp cams roller timing chain and should not have been. Tensioner broke and found a home where it wasn't welcome.

I have a comp cams 206/206 roller cam setup.

Bigger Injectors ....
Looks good other than that.;)

Don't think the 79's are going to cut it with the xp double pumper setup? I was thinking that should be good up to 600 or so flywheel hp on 100% E85.

I really have no idea how much power this combo will make????

Maybe I need to step up to the 120lb injectors then?

How much boost do you plan on running?

Looking to run mid to low 11's on low boost lets say 18lb's and maybe just break into the 10's on like 23 to 25 lb's. ( car 60ft's now in the 1.6 range with ease )

Plan on running around 18 to 20lb's of boost most of the time.

From what I have read, you need 20-30% more fuel on E85. The most I calculate those injectors being able to support is about 530RWHP on E85. Thats maxing them out. I would try it and watch the duty cycle. If you get to the 90-95% mark I would upgrade. I'm not sure how much RWHP you need to go 11.0 or the weight of your car with you in it. Best of luck though!

Why valve cover spacers? Why not a nice set of GN1's on top of those Champions?

From what I have read, you need 20-30% more fuel on E85. The most I calculate those injectors being able to support is about 530RWHP on E85. Thats maxing them out. I would try it and watch the duty cycle. If you get to the 90-95% mark I would upgrade. I'm not sure how much RWHP you need to go 11.0 or the weight of your car with you in it. Best of luck though!

Im going to try them with the boost set low first and see what the duty cycle is and then if I can move up from there.

Really im just looking to run mid to low 11's on a lower boost setting. If they don't cut it I will upgrade. The budget is starting to get out of control so im going to try what I have first.

Why valve cover spacers? Why not a nice set of GN1's on top of those Champions?

Budget is getting up there. Plus this isn't a show car just a weekend cruiser. I will put them on some time, just not right now. I do like the looks of them tho!

LOL, my budget went out of contol months ago:rolleyes:. It becomes an addiction.:redface:

It is easy to get the budget out of control on these cars! I do agree its an addiction.

So people other than the injectors all looks good then?

Power guesses on this combo anyone? ( With a spot on tune of course )

jasjamz thinks I could run out of injector so im guessing he thinks its going to make over 530rwhp with the boost turned up. Is that right jasjamz?

Anyone else?