Upper control arms

wallyp

Need to remove upper contol arms for boxing. Lowers were no problem.
Car is on jack stands and it looks like there is not much room to get
a wrench on the forward bushing bolts, any tricks???? Thanks :confused:

I ran into the same problem last week. Let's see what the pros say. I'll be watching this thread.

Hi,
I did my right side a while back, don't remember too much trouble.I'll bet through the wheel well, with the wheel and tire removed, of course, it'll be pretty easy. Keep track of the shims.

Hi,
I did my right side a while back, don't remember too much trouble.I'll bet through the wheel well, with the wheel and tire removed, of course, it'll be pretty easy. Keep track of the shims.

That works good for the FRONT upper control arms, but he was asking how to remove the upper REAR (because he stated that he was going to "box them", and there isn't anyone boxing front control arms)(maybe I should, now that you mention it.;) )

I agree, you just gotta get dirty and have at it. An impact wrench goes a long way. If you don't have an air compressor then you can use one of these: http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00927299000 They work great for torqueing the balancer bolt (200ft. lbs.), too. They'll even remove lug nuts in a hurry. No garage should be with out one. They have REALLY cheap ones at Harbor Freight Tools. Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices