USED car lots & sales folk BITE!

OK, SORRY GUYS, BUT MY CAPS BUTTON IS BROKEN HERE AT WORK. ANYWAY, IF YOU WALK INTO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, WE FINANCE ANYONE TYPE OF PLACES, THE SALESMEN THERE ARE GONNA FIGURE THAT YOU ARE A CREDIT CRIMINAL THAT HAS TO COME THE THEM, NOT THAT YOU WANT TO COME TO THERE STORE. SO, YOU WILL BE TREATED ACCORDINGLY. IF YOU COME TO MY STORE, AND YOU ARE A CREDIT BUM, IF YOU WALK UP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE SOME BIGSHOT MONEY MAN (LET ME TAKE THAT CATERA FOR A TEST DRIVE) THEN I AM GONNA SHOOT YOU DOWN RIGHT AWAY AND PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE. AND AS FAR AS LOVING TO SCREW PEOPLE, I MAY HAVE SAID THAT WRONG. I DON'T LOVE TO SCREW PEOPLE, I LOVE TO SCREW BUMS THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT I WORK AND THEY DON'T. BOTTOM LINE. IF I CAN SCREW SOME BITCH THAT HAS BEEN LIVING ON SSI, ADC, WELFARE, AND PAYS $20 A MONTH TO LIVE IN A WHOLE HOUSE, AND ON TOP OF THAT GETS A 3K+ INCOME TAX RETURN BECAUSE SHE IS A BUM, AND HAS HER BABY DADDY LIVING WITH HER (MORE INCOME) BUT HAS HIS MAIL SENT TO HIS MOMMA'S HOUSE SO THE SOCIAL WORKER DOESN'T KNOW THAT ANOTHER PERSON LIVES THERE (THE RENT MIGHT GO FROM $20 BUCKS TO $30 BUCKS) AND ON TOP OF THAT IS A FULLY ABLE BODIES PERSON THAT JUST IS A PIECE OF **** THAT DOESN'T WANT TO WORK AND HAS 8 KIDS (AND IS 24 YEARS OLD HERSELF) THAN BUDDY, I'M GONNA DO MY BEST TO MAKE SURE THAT SHE TAKES IT IN THE POOPER ON THE DEAL (GETTING SOME OF MY TAX MONEY BACK.) AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, THAN YOU ARE JUST NOT AWARE AND DON'T EVER HAVE TO WORK WITH THE SCUM OF THE EARTH. IF YOU SPENT A WEEK AT MY DEALERSHIP, GUYS - YOU WOULD BE CHEERING ME ON.:cool:

Thank god for Gnfury!! I Manage the family dealership and we dont do buy here pay here but we do have junk customersthat get upset with us for not doing it. You can always tell a junk phone up by their first question, "Do yall finance"? thats short for "can i give you a downpayment and never pay you again?" I swear, customers are the biggest crooks in the car buisness. I cant stand it when a customer takes a test drive and comes back to tell me the car has to many miles on it. WELL DIPSHlT, IT DIDNT GO DOWN IN MILEAGE SINCE YOU DROVE IT!!! Or you get the guy that drives the car and comes back and says he wont be ready to buy for another 2 months. IDIOT, THIS CAR WONT BE HERE IN 2 MONTHS!!! another example is when you know you have everybody elses price beat bad and they tell you that you do too and proceed to offer you $4000 off of your sale tag!!! You also have the guy that wants a "Brand new used car" He wants this car to be as perfect as it was the day it was boughten new. one other good example is when a customer tells you that there is another one down the road for alot les but really he is comparing your Camry XLE loaded up with every option with low miles to the other guys Base model camry with a 4 cyl and big miles.

Very rarely do i get a good customer and auto sales is tuff and very agrivating. Before you go and bash us car guys, look at yourself, the customer and see how you and every other guy treats us first. Its time we get tuff with our customers again and start hitting them between the eyes where it hurts. i beg for the person to come and get good because so many other pepole screw us we have to make up for it somewhere. It was the general public that made it this way and remember that.

LOL.....GNFURY & Blown_GTP....You want us to feel sympathy for you after the posts you made?!? I'm pretty sure you both work on commision, so it probably doesn't matter one way or the other if they continue to pay for the car or not. You got your cut from *screwing* them over to close the deal. And it is posts like this that solidify the age old adage that a used car salesman is the biggest crook and slimeball on the planet. You guys are pathetic. LOL

Im not asking for sympathy from you, i am just asking you to see things from my eyes. And no im not on comission, im on salary and i work 60+ hours a week. I dont do financing here so its even harder for me to sell a car beacuse you have to have either good credit or cash. Either way, customers all seem to come in here with a chip on their shoulder and dont want me to make a dime off of them. I dont work that way. Anyways, i can tell already tell that you are one of the customers that wants his ass kissed when he walks in the door. I could only beg for a guy like you to come in here and get thrown out on the street and not get the car he wants for a good price simpily because you are a prick. Ill say it again, the public ruind it for them selves.

It's like the question which came first, the chicken or the egg?? Is it the customers that are a-holes for trying to screw the dealers or the dealers who do anything to get the sale.

I can't say I know what it's like to be in sales, so I'm not gonna go slinging mud. I can't say I agree with the attitude of screwing somebody because you don't know the FULL story of their life, just what it says on their credit report.

I do find, however, that the best defense is to go into a dealer being smarter then that dealer is. If I'm going to buy a car, I will purposely throw questions to test if this guy is FOS or is on the straight and level. As someone mentioned before.. coming in and knowing is LITERALLY half the battle. As far as dealers go, I'm sure you can appreciate that to an extent as well, because it takes a lot of the BS and work out of transactions.

Now, dealing with service departments that try to screw you over just so the car will get past the warranty... THAT TICKS ME OFF. I know I've walked into a service dept. on a few occasions and had to TELL them what the problem was.

Anyways.. thanks for the venting thread.

News flash GTP......If I get *thrown on the street* and don't get the car I want....YOU suffer...not me. I can go down the street to someone who knows how to treat a customer when they walk in the door. And PLEASE explain to me why people are *scum* for trying to get the best deal possible on a car? Outside of a home purchase, a vehicle is the biggest investment someone can make. Have you ever bought a car? Did you just walk on the lot and say, yep...that's what I want and then just pay whatever the asking price was? Have you bought a house? Did you pay whatever the owner or realtors starting price was?

GNfury & Gtp blow You both sound like you need to be in new buisness :rolleyes:

I myself was not being a wiseguy but when a salesman can't tell me a price I think it is time to move on.
He could have handend me a card & said bring back the olds or I will call you with the price.

I guess these small dealers have SAME prices for different folks?
Lets see
OLD people price = more cause they are LOADED$
Young person price = more cause they are desperate
Person who lost job = more cause they had a bad fall in life & now have to pay more.

Originally posted by Pitbozz
News flash GTP......If I get *thrown on the street* and don't get the car I want....YOU suffer...not me. I can go down the street to someone who knows how to treat a customer when they walk in the door. And PLEASE explain to me why people are *scum* for trying to get the best deal possible on a car? Outside of a home purchase, a vehicle is the biggest investment someone can make. Have you ever bought a car? Did you just walk on the lot and say, yep...that's what I want and then just pay whatever the asking price was? Have you bought a house? Did you pay whatever the owner or realtors starting price was?

Well said. I think we're seeing more and more reasons that internet car sales is getting more popular. I think that Blown_GTP is showing the level of his business savvy (none). You can't throw people to the street, or whatever actually happens there, and call it good business. Word of mouth will make you or break you in a locally owned business. Going for the kill on each customer will make you more money on each sale, but you won't close as many deals, and you will not get referrals. You cut yourself off from future money, make a lot less in the long run, and stunt the growth of your business. Everything I do is based on referrals of some sort, I don't even advertise. I treat everyone well, do the best I can for them and I get more business as a result. I don't sell cars, but it's all the same.

If you choose to be in that business, you need to learn patience and tolerance for what is simply part of that line of business. You aren't selling toasters, it's a friggin' car. People have a right to look before buying and not be pressured to buy. If everyone paid sticker without challenging the price, I think cars would be even more overpriced than they are now, due to simple greed of the auto makers and car lots.

Dealerships need people to buy cars and some people need certain dealerships (read: high risk lots) to purchase cars from.
It's called a symbiotic relationship, a person comes to a dealership seeking to make the best deal from him or herself and the dealership wants to maximize earning potential on every sale. From what I've read above it seems those of you who replied that are in this industry are looking a gift horse in the mouth, not only are the words "integrity" and "ethics" non-existent but taking advantage of someone based on their ignorance... that is just wrong. From what I understand about these high-risk establishments is that most of the money (after the non-refundable down-payment) is made on the financing end as well as recouping the loss if the contractual obligation(s) are not met by... reposession. Sounds like a win/win situation statistically speaking for the high risk sales establishment. Why else would a person be in it? That said, just because a person of a lower socio-economic background comes to a facility to purchase a car does not make them "Bad" people and they should not be treated any less than those who can afford to finance a car through normal means. In a nutshell this means those who utilize your services need you as much as you need them..... symbiosis.
I'm off my box.....
..... On to moderation.

Those who reply please post with some maturity. The name calling and the innuendo chest thumping needs to stop, thank you.

Rollin

Well said, Bill. You two are why 60 minutes continues to be the highest rated news show on TV. I sell cars on the side, but I choose my cars wisely, and I represent them honestly, and I treat people with the respect they deserve. If you can't do that, do something else for a living. It's not that hard to figure out.

If you want better clientele, sell better quality cars in a better quality part of town. Your totally illogical justifications for "screwing" people are nothing short of appalling. I doubt either of you has taken a long look in the mirror in a very long time....probably the only way you can sleep at night...

I know the type of customers you're talking about, and yes, they can be just as bad as the ruthless salesman. But if you don't like that environment, move on. There's almost always a job for someone who wants to work hard at it....

Sorry for the rant, and I don't mean to flame, but that kind of behavior is nothing short of disgraceful.

Re: hahahahaha

Originally posted by under8d
Heard this FUNNY story... Asain guy comes in with broken English skills. Wants "fun to drive, fun to drive." Salesman sells him a camaro, 350, t-tops, whole ball of wax. Asain comes in after the first snow with a friend who speaks better... He had wanted front drive!!!:D
:D That's great!

Reminds me of the time about 8 years ago when we were looking for a car for my wife to replace her totalled Thunderbird. We go to a large used car lot on dealer row.

Salesman: "What are you looking for today?"
Me: "We're looking for a two-door. Preferably rear-wheel drive like a Thunderbird, Camaro or Firebird."
Salesman: "Oh...those are rear-wheel drive?"
Me: "Uhhh, Yeah! See ya!" :rolleyes:

In the same token, I look at it as you need me!! i know i offer a better car for the money than the guy down the street because we sell in volume. we dont try to make a million on each car but i will if i need to. So if you want to go down the street and buy less of a car at a higher price, be my guest. There will be someone that dosent need their ass kissed to buy a car from me and get set their ego behind them and get to buisness. I will get out of the car buisness before i have to kiss ass to sell a car and thats all there is to it. so if you want to go down the road and get raped buy a nice guy, go ahead but if you want the most car for the money and want to skip the b/s, come to me. I also have no problem with pepole trying to get a good deal on a car but when im killing competition on price already and the customer knows it and asks me to take it down another $4000 for them, i take offense to that. Now if you have never been on my side of the court, shut it because nothing you say even makes sense to me. you sound like every other know it all customer around here. So to keep it to the point, No i dont need you, The next guy will see the value in my vehicle and he is the smart one for not letting his ego in the way and being nice to me. i would respect a guy like that more than someone like yourself.

GNFURY, just one thing here, I thought ALL dealers cater to folks with Bad/Shaky credit these days, after all what about all the adds from the Big major GM/Ford Dealers that say: Bad Credit OK, as long as ALL (I guess they assume more than one), Bankruptcies are Discharged, bring your pay Stubs, etc????

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
GNfury & Gtp blow You both sound like you need to be in new buisness :rolleyes:

I myself was not being a wiseguy but when a salesman can't tell me a price I think it is time to move on.
He could have handend me a card & said bring back the olds or I will call you with the price.

I guess these small dealers have SAME prices for different folks?
Lets see
OLD people price = more cause they are LOADED$
Young person price = more cause they are desperate
Person who lost job = more cause they had a bad fall in life & now have to pay more.

NO NO, i have no problem with how you were feeling about this sales guy. he sounds like a problem to me also. But i myself am a young guy and some of the older guys dont like to buy a car from me because of my age but i do consider myself good at my job. In no way flaming you for what you have posted.

we blow? blow yourself pal! here is how it goes at my lot:

all the prices are the same for everybody

price tags are right on the windows of every car

there is a down payment on the bottom of the sticker

just make the down payment, and take the car!!!

as long as you WORK, and not under the table
you make the downpayment and take the car!
no matter how bad your credit is (littlesixsteve)

now, the major thing that our dealership does, is help the customer establish, or re-establish their bad credit (littlesixsteve)
now, since you are dealing with scum, you have to double check and examine everything that the lying scumbag customer gives you. they WILL:

make phoney pay stubs on their computers

steal someone elses id and info and buy a car
under someone elses name, never to be heard
from again.

flat out lie to you about employment and where
they live, never to be heard from again

buy a car with no drivers liscence only to get it
impounded and never get it back out, just stick
you with the bill.

now it you had the worst credit in the world, wouldn't you be happy to get financed, period? most of my customers (if we were not here) with $1000 down, should really have to go buy a $1000 car! but I'll finance themfo maybe a 3500-4000 dollar car. Aren't I sweet? Now as far as me "screwing people" , that really comes into play when i sense that I am dealing with a real con artist (wich happens quite often) like, the guy says that he has been working at FORD for the last 20 yrs., but the year to date on his 1 month old pay stub, is the same as the current earnings! (his first check) and he doesn't have a proof of residence because all da bills be commin in his baby momma's name, and all his mail goes to his momma's house. A guy like that, I will make put down the amount that I have invested in the car (because I may never see him, or my car again). Yet and still, I will get in a bum with 3 repo's and working under the table (sells dope) call up and ask if we have any '98 or newer escalades.............................

:p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :mad:

GTP....LOL...You just keep proving my point with every post you make. I am glad that your *scum dealing low rent* car lot has all these great cars for you to sell and for you to rape and gouge all the innoncents with. From your attitude you have displayed in this thread, it sounds like a marriage made in heaven. You sir have made a wise carreer decision.

Another thing to keep in mind is most of these pepole with bad credit have been screwing pepole out of money their whole lives. Notice i said most!! Shouldnt the favor be returend? what goes around comes around and i give Gnfury credit for having to deal with these junk pepole that cant finance a bicycle. In my case, i just tell them "Nope, we dont finance" or "do you have cash?" That does take alot of stress away from my job and again i give him credit for it. But i do have alot of customers that like to test drive cars and like to jerk me around and dont want me or my family to eat.

GTP....LOL...You just keep proving my point with every post you make. I am glad that your *scum dealing low rent* car lot has all these great cars for you to sell and for you to rape and gouge all the innoncents with. From your attitude you have displayed in this thread, it sounds like a marriage made in heaven. You sir have made a wise carreer decision.

You make no sense my man. do you even read my posts? or are you just spouting off? quit talking, you have no idea what my dealership is like. i carry anything from a Geo prizm to a mercedes S class. I dont think thats "low rent". Keep talking, it just makes me realize how ignorant you are. maybe you should learn about what you are talking about before you spout off.

and by the way, I don't just deal with bad credit people, I deal with THE WORST OF THE BAD CREDIT CUSTOMERS. I mean people that get turned down at JD Buyrider!

Originally posted by GNFURY
and by the way, I don't just deal with bad credit people, I deal with THE WORST OF THE BAD CREDIT CUSTOMERS. I mean people that get turned down at JD Buyrider!

Ouch, thats a tuff one. LOL, i like the line about "my bills be all in my babys mammas name" i hear crap like that all the time after i tell them we dont finance and of course they all want the most expensive car on the lot. Than they try to get me to take monthly payments or ask if i can cheat the sales contract for them so they dont have to pay tax. And they always ask "can i roll it man" do you mean can you drive it? NOPE not a chance buddy, let me see your money first.

if these pepole spent as much time trying to do things the right way as they do trying to screw pepole, they would live pretty good.