v.b. i.d.

monte379

i need a v.b. for my 200-4r tranny, don't have the money for a new one , but talked to a guy who says he has a few of them and he would sell me one dirt cheap. question is are the v.b. 's marked , if so which ones should i search for ? next question, i plan on installing a shift kit, if installing a shift would any v.b. work ? i have heard that the only difference in v.b. 's is the calibration if that's the case and since i am planning on installing a shift kit would any v.b. work ? i have not gone to see the the guy yet but plan on it very soon. trying to learn what to look for before i go to see him because i don't think he knows much about them. thanks in advance for any help or info anyone has for me

Attachments

• BR3 VBody  .jpg
    BR3 VBody .jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 108
Contact any of the tranny venders on the board and they can guide you inthe right direction.
br-is 86-87 gn valvebody
bq-is 84-85 gn valvebody
cz and cq-is monte carlo valvebody
kc- and oz-is olds valvebody
ta -turbo ta valvebody
If vb has two shift solenoids it is a gn vb like the one pictured.
try to locate one of these with gn governer and billet servo..
or you can buy the street/strip vb from one of the venders on the board,,
just my 2 cents..

I should've asked what rear gear ratio your running also.
The SS-Monte's CZ/CQ code & Olds HO/442's OZ/KZ code ValveBody & Gov is calibrated for 3.73 gear. These will work well with a SBC engine.
I've read the KC & CR codes work well also.
The GN's BR/BQ VB & Gov are calibrated for 3.42 gears.
Trans code Info.>> THM 200-4R Information

Don't want misinformation getting out, but those are pressure switches. Solenoids are used on "E" transmissions and these switches only tell the computer when that gear has been activated. :) :)

Contact any of the tranny venders on the board and they can guide you inthe right direction.
br-is 86-87 gn valvebody
bq-is 84-85 gn valvebody
cz and cq-is monte carlo valvebody
kc- and oz-is olds valvebody
ta -turbo ta valvebody
If vb has two shift solenoids it is a gn vb like the one pictured.
try to locate one of these with gn governer and billet servo..
or you can buy the street/strip vb from one of the venders on the board,,
just my 2 cents..

thanks to all of you for the info ! if anybody has any other info please pass it along. my main concern is just getting a vb that works i usually manually **** so shift timing is not the most important thing however the guy says he has a few vb's so i want to pick out the best one. better calibration will be nice on the street. my rear gear is 3.73. i plan on installing a shift kit anybody have any suggestions for the best bang for buck on a shift kit. money is tight so cheaper the better but i don't want to buy one that might not satisfy me, any suggestions would be appreciated. i want a very firm and quick shift.