V4 Intercooler

Bobtempest

Staff member
I was thinking about putting a V4 on my TTA, and was wondering if this would cause a ground clearance problem?

Thanks Rob (Bobs Son)

Yeah it will sit lower than the crossmember and if you try to use the Buick Scoop it will hit the ground. I have seen it on a friends F-body.

But your in Luck :D Dequick made 2 Prototype V4 intercoolers for the TTA but I guess there wasnt enough interest to make them into production. I have one that I'll sell. Check out the pics, I used this on my car to go 121mph on 24lbs of boost with a totally stock motor with just a turbo and injector upgrade.

The scoop that comes with the intercooler isn't that great, If I were to keep this I would make a new scoop for it to really allow it to get some air, but I need cash to help with my rebuild. I think I paid like $800+ bucks for this, I was going to throw it up on ebay and let the TTA guys bid on it but I'll take $750 bucks for it if you want it.

Look in the pictures at the necks and you can see how its nothing like a buick IC. The IC really gets sucked up into the car so there are no ground clearance issues what so ever.

Here it is up against a stock IC.

TTA V4 Pics

His is different. The one he has is the stock size with a new core. The other strech belongs to a TTA somewhere in Illionis I think, around Tonys Shop.

Tony's building one for my TTA as we speak. Actually, according to him, it's done, but getting powdercoated. I ordered it in October and was told 3 weeks ;) Fortunately, I knew enough to apply a multiplier by that estimate, so I'm expecting it in 2002.

Supposed to include a scoop & mounting brackets.

I'll post pics when I get it.

Brian Green
89 TTA

Originally posted by Red Canyonero
Tony's building one for my TTA as we speak. Actually, according to him, it's done, but getting powdercoated. I ordered it in October and was told 3 weeks ;) Fortunately, I knew enough to apply a multiplier by that estimate, so I'm expecting it in 2002.

Supposed to include a scoop & mounting brackets.

I'll post pics when I get it.

Brian Green
89 TTA

Price?