vac conversion brake line connection question

gordsgn

when converting from the powermaster to a vacuum system on my 86 gn are there any modifications that need to be made to the brake lines such as length or the order in which they connect to the master cylinder (front to back), or do they bolt right in?

any other tips on how to do this before i start? any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

mine bolted right up with no mods. I ordered a TTA vacuum block and added a new hose. Still waiting to install my new inline-tube stainless brake lines.

You will need the TTA vaccum block as stated above. Also you need to be very limber to get under the dash to unbolt and remove the Powermaster and install the new brake pedal.

Make sure you get the small single diaprham booster. I think it is from a reg regal.

Don't use a MONTE SS DUAL DIAPRHAM booster cause it will mean line relocation & it puts the master over the PS resevoior

The brake lines that attach to the master cylinder are different sizes and will only go one way. You cannot get them backwards, so no worries.

what year regal should the pars come off of and also what all parts do i need off of the regal, i want to do this conversion myself

Remove the driver's seat to get tons of easy access to the bolts and pedal under the dash. It's only 4 bolts and a plug for the power seat if it has one. Makes a HUGE difference!

We just completed Little6's yesterday. He used the pancake style booster. He got a whole brake pedal mount from a Monte so it was easier to pull the whole mount and just put the Monte one in. It's alittle easier with 2 people. One to hand tools and the other under the dash. He has cruise control and we had to push alot of stuff out of the way for the pancake to go on. The single diaphram smaller booster would have been easier I think. Brake lines went right in. Bled the mc and done. We seached all over but finally found real reinforced 11/32 vac booster line. He's going to pick up a line filter and splice that in. Brakes work great now.