Vacuum Brakes - Pedal Feel?

HyperV6

I converted my 87 Regal T to vacuum brakes after having my powermaster fail twice. I installed a new GM booster and new Gm master cylinder along with a vacuum brake pedel. I also installed a new brake line while installing a line lock. I bleed the master cylinder and bleed the brakes until I think I got all the air out of the system (front and rear). I did all this last summer. Well, the brake pedal just doesn't feel right. The brakes work but the pedal doesn't feel real firm. After braking, I can push the pedal to the floor pretty easy and the pedal seems to have lots of travel. Are there any adjustments to be made between the booster and master cylinder when installing? Shouldn't the pedel feel rock solid with vacuum brakes? Does this sound like air is still in the system? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Craig

My guess is you still air in the system. Also, make sure your back brakes are adjusted up tight. Yes, your brakes should feel firm and you should be confident you will stop well. The pedal shouldn't go to the floor.

I agree, sounds like air

Start by adjusting your E-brake. Jack up the rear, push the E-brake 3 clicks, then adjust it till you can barely turn a wheel by hand. Release the E-brake, then adjust the rear shoes till there is a slight amount of drag. Then bleed all four wheel, RR 1st, LR 2nd, RF 3rd, then LF. Do not "pump up" the pedal, open the bleeder, then "push" the air/fluid out. Alternatively, sometimes you can just crack the bleeder open and it will"gravity" bleed. I use gravity bleeding all the time, and seldom have to pressure bleed. Having installed all new components, it may take some serious bleeding to get all the air out. Good luck with it. :cool:

definately air in the system. same thing happened to me not 3 months ago. also make sure you bench bled the MC correctly