Value of Porous M&A Heads

TRDirks

Just another Tim ;-)
I need to get some feedback on what these are worth. Fair market value in the current condition.

I had the heads pressure tested and there is a total of seven leaks, five on one head (two of which do not have welds) and two on the other head.

Of those 7 leaks all but one are to the outside with the one under the valve cover. Between the two heads there are seven spots were welding has been done and five of those welds have JB weld on top of them.

If you need any more pics or info let me know.

Pics

Details:
1.9 int valves
1.6 exh valves
1.6 rockers
valve springs
Studs and guide plates
valve covers/gaskets

Thanks in advance

Please keep this on topic. Those of you who do not have relevant info DO NOT post.

Been There , Done That

Tim,

I ran into the same problem a couple of years ago. i had a set of killer,race ported heads that flowed almost as much water as they did air. I had them welded up atleast 3 times, bit every time my head guy would weld the aluminum it would pop an fizzel and not stick. Finnaly we gave up and sold them SUPER cheap(compare to what we had in them) to some one who thought they could fix them. I told him about all the problems we've had, But he bought them anyway. I never heard back from him,So I hope he got them fixed???

To make a long story short, If J.B.Weld doesn't work, dump'em cheap.

M&A really screwed alot of people w/there 2nd casting of heads,& here we are trying to salavage the crap they sold us.

Good luck & Good Riddins to those heads!