Value of tranny (BRF Code)

89IndyTA

Never enough time........
I have an extra tranny all stock (BRF Code) 64 K miles on it and it looks good on the inside. Correct amount of pan debris and sutch. What is a good market dollar value of this tranny and D5 conveter? I have an individual wanting to buy it but I have no real idea what it is worth. TIA

Hey Butch...I think it's worth about $20...so, I'll tell ya what, I'll give ya $25!!! ;)

Oh come on Jim!

Are you trying to rip him off or something?

Butch, I can treat you right. I've got $40 burning a hole in my pocket for that transmission & converter. :p

Seriously though, I would do an archive search in the Parts for Sale forum and look at gnttype.org's TRader to see what folks typically ask. It is worth more than your run of the mill 200-4R setup, that's for sure.

Wow that much I never would have thought so! ;)

Jim- Just wait I'll get my jab back at you!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg- See what good friends can do for you.............

I'll set up a search but I would still like some active responses

All the comedians outta work and.....

Hey.......I got 50 bucks for ya!!!! :D

We have seen them between 200 - 600 dollars. I am currently paying 200-250 and I pay the shipping or I can also do some trading if you want some Nice nice billet parts :) ( I know the owner of PTS real good!!!)

hey!!! Can't blame a guy for trying!!! :rolleyes: :D

AND AS FOR GREG...to answer your question...YES, YES, I AM!!! HEHEHE :D j/k What are friends for, just trying to help Butch out here... ;)

Bruce has the answer you were wanting...I've seen that range of prices on them, just depends on what kind of shape the tranny is in...

AND Butch...take care, man...I'll try to catch up with ya sometime at the track or something...See ya...

Need BRF Trans

Hey you guys,

I have an 87 GN with a good set of Mods to this point, but that famous word but, well I have a SS Monte Trans in my GN, the trans was rebuilt by a local dealer a few months ago but I'm in need of a BRF Valve Body and many other trans parts exclusive to the GN. If I could get these parts and my Trans right my car would be on track to great things.

So what I'm looking for is a reputable vendor who could possibly supply a complete BRF Transmission plus a good stall converter and shift kit. If their is anyone out there that could be of assistance please contact me by email. Please provide pricing and shipping costs' (todd.mitcham@worldnet.att.net)

Thanks,

Todd

No need Todd...

If it is a CZ 86-88 Monte ss trans all you need is speedo gear and servo and you are fine. Provided it is set up correctly you will be great! No need to spend any more money.

Hmm

Bruce,

Ok, this is my question, I hear so many different answers from different vendors, my next concern would be are the shift points the same on the "CZ" SS Trans to the "BRF" Trans? We test drove my car (My GN Vendor and I) and the car runs great once the gears are engaged especially on 3rd and 4th.(They just take an eternity to engage)...See too I dont have the correct lock-up switch/plug, governor or at-least my mechanic who completed the initial rebuilt told me. Once in 4th gear the cars pulls really hard and strong. Between 1st and 2nd the shifts are sloppy..

Whats the major difference between the CZ Valve Body and the Valve BRF Body? Do you sell the Complete BRF Valve Body, servo, governor & correct plug or connector for the lock-up harness?

See after test driving my car we took another guys T-Type who last year had his Trans rebuilt w/2800 Stall Converter and Art Carr shift kit and his shifted extremely strong and engaged each gear beautifully....What are your recomendations?? If my mechanic needed the BRF Trans and related parts could I refer him to you as a Supplier (Btw, He's a good & reputable dealer, you may already have worked w/Him)

Thanks,

Todd

Sure... always..

Sure he can always call me , you too, hell everybody..LOLOL

Yes to all of your questions. The cz and brf calibrations are alot alike. It is not the cz vs brf that is your shifting problems (long)
This trans you have is a great choice and by switching servos, which you will probobly do anyway, will run as strong as ever. I really like those cores. The shift points are very close.... very close. Tv circuit is the biggest difference and sometimes if the turbo needs a little help spooling , can actually benefit you.
:)
Good Luck...

Great!

Bruce,

That sounds like a winner to me, umm I'll have them start work on my tranny right away...I'll also difinintely let them know about what you have suggested per your expertise!

Now lets say this is a Regular Monte Trans in my GN and not the CZ....That would be an even bigger problem or would it? Thanks again for all of your insight and advise....

Todd

Let me know the exact code and we will go from there.:) Bt

Ok

Bruce,

No problem, they probably won't start the tranny work for a few more days so I'll let you know by Mid-week...

Thanks,

Todd

Got Code

Bruce,

We dropped the pan and the code reads "CHF with the following numbers 301-861CHF0407....Let me know if you can interpret these or if you have an idea what car this tranny may have come out of?

Thanks,

Todd