Valve cover gaskets

I'm going to replace my stock valve covers with new TA ones..what's the best gasket to use? The rubber silcone ones or the cork ones?

The gasket I have found that fits and works best for me with the TA valve covers is the Victor Reintz VS39763 which is a cork gasket.

If you use a light spray of adhesive on the gasket and VC and let it sit for a few minutes, it will stay in place during the install, and you can R&R the cover with the same gasket a few times if needed.

Do NOT over-tighten the bolts during the installation, do it in stages 10-15 minutes apart until you feel no more gasket compression.

Also, check that the bolts do not bottom out before proper compression of the gasket is reached, and I have found some holes are too shallow and washers under the bolt heads may be needed?

This is common on an alum head, not so much on the iron heads.

The gasket I have found that fits and works best for me with the TA valve covers is the Victor Reintz VS39763 which is a cork gasket.

If you use a light spray of adhesive on the gasket and VC and let it sit for a few minutes, it will stay in place during the install, and you can R&R the cover with the same gasket a few times if needed.

Do NOT over-tighten the bolts during the installation, do it in stages 10-15 minutes apart until you feel no more gasket compression.

Also, check that the bolts do not bottom out before proper compression of the gasket is reached, and I have found some holes are too shallow and washers under the bolt heads may be needed?

This is common on an alum head, not so much on the iron heads.
Excellent info thank you