Valve Covers

fl89tta

I'd like to change my valve covers, Anyone know of anyone that makes aftermarket valve covers for our cars? Don't want to polish original ones. Is there any other VC that'll fit on our motors?

Thanks,

Rudy

Rudy,

Never seen any aftermarket valve covers that fit our application. You can however find our covers on a number of buick (and I think) Pontiac FW drive vehicles late 80's or early 90's. I picked up a extra set from a junk yard for $5 or $10 along with a number of really nice bolts and washers (looked like new) as well.

I had the covers powder coated silver and also added another vreather element on the passanger side cover (just like I have on the driver side) you see this in the pictures.

Also the valve cover with the oil fil hole comes in 2 differtent versions, one with the hole in the location we are used too (long side close to oil filler hole) but also there is another version with the vent hole on the short side (would face the firewall on our cars) so make sure you look for the right one.

I've uploaded some pictures http://la.rsson.com/valvecovers/ of the covers when I got them back after having had them powder coated and also installed in my TTA (just click on the thumbnails to view larger images).

Hope this helps

So basically look for a late 80's 3.o buick or pontiac and pick thm off.

Great idea and then hang on to the originals as is. Thanks for the idea!