Valve Springs, LT1 ~105# Seat Pressure 3927142

IronEagle119

I've heard use them, and don't use them regarding the Chevy LT-1 valve springs. I already have a set of springs sitting in my room, and if i can use them do i reuse the cups or not, I'm thinking I don't. Will I need anything else when I replace these or should I replace anything else? I got the part number off of gnttype.org in the parts number list. My engine currently has the stock cam but I'm wanting to change the cam I'm thinking about using a 204/214 cam. Any thoughts appreciated.

Valve Springs, LT1 ~105# Seat Pressure 3927142

if they have a dampner in then you dont use the cups

+ the thickness of the cups will raise spring pressure up

when i broke my cam in i was using z-28 springs set around 85-90# at seat but have raised the seat pressure to 105-110# range since then and all seems well.

my motor is tore down now and my 204-214 looks great still.

im thinking of sticking a 208-224 cam in it now and seeing what happens.....if i dont like it i will be going back to my 204-214 since i love the way it works.

Originally posted by IronEagle119
Red, you seem to swap parts like it's Mr Potatohead. :)

nah just tore it down to install girdle and alreadu bought a 208-224 cam so thinking about trying it out while its apart.

my 9-11 converter is on its way to being stalled up to 3400 so a lil bigger cam wont hurt.

im kinda determaned to go 130+ with steel heads and home porting.

next trip to track it will get launched and see where the ets fall to.

seems to me most guys i see running in the 130's trap speed have gn-1 heads so once i get up in the 130's i might need to get me a set and go for 140...:D

There really is no such thing as Z/28 valve springs, they are just factory 85# closed pressure springs. The part number you list 3927142 is the valve spring for Chevrolet first racing desigh camshaft (a solid lifter camshaft). It has a closed pressure of 110# @ 1.7 instlled height. Open pressure is 325#. I use those valve springs with my Poston 107 cam, but I would check with the cam manufacturer before using that spring. The new LT1 spring a different number and accompanied the roller cam on the late model LT1 engines. It has a closed pressure of 105#, I don't know the open pressure. As stated above, I would check with the cam manufacturer before installing those springs with your cam combo.