Vehicle info from GM of Canada

UNDER-PRESSURE

..... Member .....
Vehicle information, option code break down, original selling dealership, production figures, selling price etc. is available from GM of Canada. I called today with my US built Vin # from my 87 Limited & they were VERY helpfull & willing to aquire all the info on the car from GM USA. They charge $58.30 for there service & can be reached at (905) 440-7689, Vintage Vehicle Services Inc. The timeframe to recieve the info is around 3 weeks. These guys know & LOVE these Turbo Buicks also. I hope this helps everyone with there documentation.

Let us know if you recieve your information from them. I've had problems with them in the past but that is a new phone number so maybe somebody who really does give a chit is running that end now. BTW, that stuff used to be free if you had a Chevrolet.

Vehicle info

I forgot to mention for an additional $10.00 they will expedite the info & fax it to you usually within 24 hrs.

I recieved the info from GM of Canada today. Nice stuff & GREAT service! It's sad we have to go to Canada to get info on our cars.

UNDER-PRESSURE said:
I recieved the info from GM of Canada today. Nice stuff & GREAT service! It's sad we have to go to Canada to get info on our cars.

Don't feel bad. We have to go south for everything else.

Under pressure, What is included in the info packet you recieved? I bought my car used in November of 86 and I do not have a window sticker or built sheet anymore.

Hi, You will get all the info you need to have a window sticker made for your car. Original dealership of the car, shipping info, actual production date, options breakdown, original sales price & MUCH more. Well worth the money. Have you looked for the build sheet in your car? Check behind the rear seat, behind drivers door panel or under the hood insulation. I've been lucky & found them on all my Buick's over the years.

Years ago I found the build sheet in the left door. Unfortunately my car was involved in an accident years back. The left door was replaced and the build sheet is now long gone.

I just painted the car this summer. I have been through the whole car. There is no other build sheet left.

turbofish38 said:
How complete is the information?

I've seen several of these info packets and the RPO numbers are (almost) all there...for some reason, as long as the codes begin with a letter they come through OK. When they start with a number they are clipped off. This is the last 8 - 10 codes starting around "19U" and ending around 9SJ". Cannot figure the "why" of it...