Very different water injection idea

Alvin

Here are some pictures..

http://community.webshots.com/album/77885215Iqhcdp

its a corvette fuel pump, water rail built out of pieces of steel and a left over LT1 fuel pressure regulator.

I made the regulator adjustable with a simple cap and screw. Right now its adjusted at 43psi.

the water injector is a left over fuel injector.. the one i would like to use is spraying a stream instead of a fog.. I put a known good injector on the system and it did fog really nicely.

I'm not sure how this is going to last in water. I'm definately not going to press my luck with alcohol.

Theres a durablity issue running stock fuel pumps in alcohol because the alcohol dries out the seals. I don't see this as an issue with pure water because you don't use special 0-rings for water and speical 0-rings for fuel.

I used my stock fuel pump that had 140k when removed for 2 years in alky/water before it died.

Scott

I had thought about doing this too, but dunno the effects of water on the injector. Here's a link to check out that might be helpful in controlling that injector if you are looking for anything less than 100% duty cycle for it. The circuit gets its "signal" from one of the FI already on the car and fires the additional injector when ever the source inj. fires. Supposed to not create extra load on the ECU's injector drivers. The site has schematics and bill of material to build the circuit. HTH's -Chuck