Very funny - but....

BoyWonder

Any ideas who's chip set this is?
Took an inventory of the ECM to see what I have and pondering elimination of the EGR...

Not much info on this chip label - or maybe there is?
Least it's not a frowny face...;-)

Attachments

• IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
Interesting...

How do you select the proper setup?
By listing your specs and upgrades and letting them know? Or ...?

Is your EGR functionality disabled?
I'm dying to rip that stuff off...

If its from a full throttle u need it set up for ur combo and a GEN II to fine tune adjustable settings. If you use a TT= Turbo tweek chip from Eric u need a scanmaster. As far as the EGR you can unplug it and blank it off. I used a Piece of 1/8" flat bar and black Silicone to seal it and reroute the vac hoses.

Hmmm...

I see I'll have to do some further investigation..on Full Throttle's site which I peeked at.

I would "assume" it was programmed for my setup
Since I'm the new owner, and the previous owner did not know - I wonder if they keep records o VINS / Cars / setups?

And pardon my ignorance - but what is a Gen II?
It sounds expensive!

I suppose I can just go with a TT chip, and use my Scanmaster
Yet another thing to buy.

Although - the car is running just fine - plenty of power - although it is 40 degrees here now..(smile) - I'm just on a kick to clean up things and throw the EGR mess in a box.

I prefer to go with something shinier for a blanking plate..Like a Champion or something..
I've seen a couple different ones - but people have commented on the sealing characterisitcs of various ones.
So taking suggestions..for something in the billet / shiny category.

The GEN II is a hand held tuner. It a little more in depth in tune ability than the scan master. TT and full throttle Chips are only 75-100 bucks so not bad there and u will know what ya have then if ur not getting a GEN II then get a chip from Eric . The first thing you need to do if you have not done it yet is spring cleaning.

http://gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Also go here and read tuning and everything else there.

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/

I don't think the yellow smiley face ones will have EGR enabled so you can remove it if you don't have emissions testing.

Might check TRCustoms for the blocking plate. Mark usually has some nice looking stuff.