vibration at 2,000rpms

1 quik6

I have been modifying my TTA and drag racing it just a little bit. The long block has been completely untouched. I upgraded the downpipe and exhaust last year. I also installed a 3000 stall torque converter last year.

Once the down pipe was installed I picked it up from the shop and the car had a horrible vibration. The downpipe was sitting right on the chassis. That shop should have never let the car go out like that but they did fix the problem once I complained. After that we raced the car and then put it in storage for the winter. I haven't really street driven the car much at all in the last year.

Before storage I did notice a funny vibration at times on the little bit of street driving. I thought the downpipe may have shifted and was touching something again. My brother drove the car and he noticed the vibration and thought it was a transmission related issue. It was so late in the season we decided to park the car and fix it next year.

Now it is next year. I really thought it was something related to the downpipe. However once the car was on the hoist we looked it over and see no place where it is touching. I've had more chance to drive it now and the vibration seems to occur worst around 2000rpms. I had only been noticing it when driving around town but now that I'm looking for it I've been able to put the car in neutral and rev to 2000 rpms finding the same exact vibration.

Now that the car is making the same vibration in park I can eliminate the rear axle, driveshaft, and most of the transmission. I have an engine anchor strap that I removed for testing. I can't see anyplace where the exhaust is touching. What else should I be looking for?

My mechanic at my dealership is a ASE master mechanic but has no turbo buick experience. He was guessing it might be something internal engine like a rod bearing. We did do an oil change today and don't see any chunks of metal but the oil was a touch dark considering I changed it just before winter storage.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Flex plate loose, or cracked.
Converter bolts loose/missing.
Balancer bolt loose. Takes about 240# torque to secure it.
Broken motor mount.
Broken or loose accessory mount brkt.
Brg out of belt tensioner pulley.
Water pump brg, or pulley.