Video from Yesterday!!!

Dusty Bradford

Well. You guys have asked for it so here is the link. Make sure to right click/save as the videos.....

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33898

Phillip from maliburacing stopped by the track yesterday and caught my first radial pass on film. He has a video of the pass and burnout posted on his site along with lots of nice pics. Even a few of my buddies GN. It's also a good place for even more g-body tech info.

I didn't know what to expect from the tire, rear spring, front shock change so I went back to 4000rpm on the 2 step. The taller tires took a lot of gear out of the car so it was lazy out of the hole. 1.47 60' but still managed a 5.78@125. You can see the car move around about 200 feet out when it shook the tires. The track wasn't that great with the weather still in the 40's and it was still green from the oil down 3 passes before mine. A Honda broke something early during the run. Instead of pulling over he limped it the entire length of the track spewing oil and gear chunks everywhere, passed the timers until it wouldn't move anymore. On my pass my left front tire picked up a piece from his ignorance and punched a thumb size hole in the tire. I was done for most of the day until Todd (black Sheep) from here ran me another set of tires over.

The track was now cool and about to close. I was advised by officials nothing faster than 6.50 was allowed to make a full pass. I went to 4400 on the 2 step and planned to blow the tires off. Well,
1.39 60'
I shifted at 6k thinking it was going to spin at any time but it didn't. The car ran straight and I wish I would have went for more. At least it went home in one piece. I'm very happy with the radials and will get agressive next time out. It's time to turn the boost up :biggrin:

W0W man alsom car that thing rips down the track :eek: You'll have to keep me posted when your heading up north somewhat like the VA NC area... I would love to come down and see that car run wow man alsom work on it :cool:

Niiice!!!!

Finally we get to see the Beast make a pass and what's better it was the maiden voyage on the Radials! :cool: Besides the tire shake around the 200' mark it looked good going down the track... 5.70's the first time out on Radials aint too shabby at all!!! :biggrin: :)

Dusty,

I am really proud of you man.
To be able to run this fast on radials with such a mild tune up is amazing.
I wonder how many people know that you built a lot of this car yourself?
We all can't wait until you wind this thing up and run the 1/4.

John Wilde said:
Dusty,

I am really proud of you man.
To be able to run this fast on radials with such a mild tune up is amazing.
I wonder how many people know that you built a lot of this car yourself?
We all can't wait until you wind this thing up and run the 1/4.

It'll make it's 1/4 mile debut in BG at the nats. I'm sure I'll be run out of town shortly after the hood is popped ;)

Damn Dusty. Seeing the pics is one thing. But seeing the video is another.Thats one bad ass ride!!! You have done some great work there.

Dusty Bradford said:
It'll make it's 1/4 mile debut in BG at the nats. I'm sure I'll be run out of town shortly after the hood is popped ;)

You should run it in the TSS class!!!! Red Armstrong would probably have a heart attack after you popped the hood :eek: LOL

86brick said:
You should run it in the TSS class!!!! Red Armstrong would probably have a heart attack after you popped the hood :eek: LOL

I was thinking TSM....... ;)

John Wilde said:

That would definitely piss off the most people!!! :biggrin: I would pay to see their reactions....

I like the flat hood to.
If you put a blue wig on dusty's helmet you would
think you just got smoked by grandma!!! :eek:

John Wilde said:
I like the flat hood to.
If you put a blue wig on dusty's helmet you would
think you just got smoked by grandma!!! :eek:

No doubt, this car is a big time sleeper!!! I'm sure if he took it to the street races this would be a $$$ maker :cool:

86brick said:
No doubt, this car is a big time sleeper!!! I'm sure if he took it to the street races this would be a $$$ maker :cool:

Already tried. The head sh** talker didn't have his car there yesterday and didn't have much to say either. He had lots of things to say when he thought I had a 6.60 car. I put the X on the window so they don't show the times. On the last pass yesterday, after it was said the track was too slick for anything faster than 6.50, the announcer was a little suprised because he screamed out a few nice comments along with my time :frown: They really expect a lot slower car when they see it. I'm going to hate putting a chute on it, but it will be removable so I can run without it.

Dusty'
The car is sweet. All the pics look good and the video shows me that you need to turn that thing up!!! Those tires can hold more off the line easy. Man I wish I could be there for the first race but I just don't think the motor will be here in time. If I get it running I will be there even if it is the first pass on the car. Good luck this year and kick some ass!

PS I see you have a 383 with brodix heads: What type of head are you using and what type of work has been done to them? You can email me if you want, that is if you want me to know.

Dusty Bradford said:
Already tried. The head sh** talker didn't have his car there yesterday and didn't have much to say either. He had lots of things to say when he thought I had a 6.60 car. I put the X on the window so they don't show the times. On the last pass yesterday, after it was said the track was too slick for anything faster than 6.50, the announcer was a little suprised because he screamed out a few nice comments along with my time :frown: They really expect a lot slower car when they see it. I'm going to hate putting a chute on it, but it will be removable so I can run without it.

Sounds like your typical sh!t talker, runs his mouth but doesn't have a car there to run it with.. :rolleyes: I'm sure after seeing the car run he probably changed his tune anyhow! That is too funny about the announcer :biggrin: That guy would get his ass shot down here with some of these serious money racers cause when they write N/T on the car they mean it!!! :eek: That's cool the chute will be removable, you can take it off when you really want to hurt somebody's feelings!

John Wilde said:

I'd like a lane with Dusty for TSM qualifying... :cool:

I'd point under his hood screaming "That aint no 109!!!" ... then maybe my hood could stay shut ;) LOL

Dusty: Car looks and sounds great... You make it look too easy!

TURBOKID said:
Dusty'
The car is sweet. All the pics look good and the video shows me that you need to turn that thing up!!! Those tires can hold more off the line easy. Man I wish I could be there for the first race but I just don't think the motor will be here in time. If I get it running I will be there even if it is the first pass on the car. Good luck this year and kick some ass!

PS I see you have a 383 with brodix heads: What type of head are you using and what type of work has been done to them? You can email me if you want, that is if you want me to know.

If I get to go back Sunday it'll have more boost and timing. Hope you get yours ready by ATL. With your pull surely Dan can get it to you in time ;)

Nothing secret on the heads. The heads are just Track 1's. A friend ported them and spent some time on the flow bench to get just about everything out of them. They maxed out around 317 at .700 but the low lift was as good as the M2 CNC heads. To be honest I wish I would have saved $$ for a little longer and got the 18 degree. A buddy just bought some new 18 SP Brodix heads done by M2 off of racing junk. For the little extra money I would have spent on a bare head I could have gained some power. When we get time we will flow them to see what they will do, but they look really nice. For now I'll just run these as I'm sure I can make 1500 or a little more with this 23 degree head.

Thanks Cliff. 5.70's has been easy. The next half a second will be a different story

Dusty Bradford said:
Well. You guys have asked for it so here is the link. Make sure to right click/save as the videos.....

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33898

Phillip from maliburacing stopped by the track yesterday and caught my first radial pass on film. He has a video of the pass and burnout posted on his site along with lots of nice pics. Even a few of my buddies GN. It's also a good place for even more g-body tech info.

I didn't know what to expect from the tire, rear spring, front shock change so I went back to 4000rpm on the 2 step. The taller tires took a lot of gear out of the car so it was lazy out of the hole. 1.47 60' but still managed a 5.78@125. You can see the car move around about 200 feet out when it shook the tires. The track wasn't that great with the weather still in the 40's and it was still green from the oil down 3 passes before mine. A Honda broke something early during the run. Instead of pulling over he limped it the entire length of the track spewing oil and gear chunks everywhere, passed the timers until it wouldn't move anymore. On my pass my left front tire picked up a piece from his ignorance and punched a thumb size hole in the tire. I was done for most of the day until Todd (black Sheep) from here ran me another set of tires over.

The track was now cool and about to close. I was advised by officials nothing faster than 6.50 was allowed to make a full pass. I went to 4400 on the 2 step and planned to blow the tires off. Well,
1.39 60'
I shifted at 6k thinking it was going to spin at any time but it didn't. The car ran straight and I wish I would have went for more. At least it went home in one piece. I'm very happy with the radials and will get agressive next time out. It's time to turn the boost up :biggrin:
nice Dusty, what size M/T's you got there :confused: Good running car

Dusty Bradford said:
i actually am running the Mt radials as well, the 325's and its nice to see success with yours, good run and nice car ;)