Vigilante 3200 Single Disc L/U or Vig 5 Disc L/U??

ReaL99

Just wondering what would be the better converter:confused:My car runs good and fast on the street but does not spool very quick.I called the company and they told me that the Single Disc Converter would be my best bet.This car is 100% driven on the street.I know the TE-44 spools ok with the D5 but there are alot of guys that love to run the 44 turbo and a 3200 Vig.:cool:

Go with the

Single disc lock up. No need to spend that kind of $$$$ yet. You can get that style of converter from many places.

Yeah I will probably go with the single disc Vig.Im wondering how much difference the car will feel on the street.I also have a RJC Valve but Im not sure I will need it when I get the Vig.

If you have a good flowing intercooler and exhaust even with a 2800 stall your 44 will spool lightning quick. I don't know if I'd go 3200 because it would be nicer on the street with a 2800 and still run just as good.

If you have a good flowing intercooler and exhaust even with a 2800 stall your 44 will spool lightning quick. I don't know if I'd go 3200 because it would be nicer on the street with a 2800 and still run just as good.

Maybe my CNC ported Race Heads and matching intake takes away some of the low end power.I have a very good Intercooler.I do have a Racegate setup that I have wanted to get rid of for a THDP.I heard that the Turbo would spool faster with the THDP.

It depends what you plan on doing in the streets. I have the Vig Single Disk 3200 with a TA-49 and I have no issues driving it on the streets. I don't really street race but get on it every once in a while.
If you plan to race it in the streets, you better have some good tires or you will easily go up in smoke.

But I like my combo at the track. :cool:

Dannyo

I woulg go 5 disc if you want max performance. That is if you want to use the lock up at the track. I get 1.5 tenths by locking at 70 mph. Only at the track though. If you are not going to race it at the track then get the single and don't lock it at WOT.

It depends what you plan on doing in the streets. I have the Vig Single Disk 3200 with a TA-49 and I have no issues driving it on the streets. I don't really street race but get on it every once in a while.
If you plan to race it in the streets, you better have some good tires or you will easily go up in smoke.

But I like my combo at the track. :cool:

Dannyo

Well it would be basically for street performance.With the stock converter the car lacks that Pep.Then again if I can't do wide open throttle runs on Drag Radial's maybe I should stick with the D5.I just hear from most guys how much fun the 3200 converter is on the street.Im not really into racing the car at the track.At least not for a while.

A modded D-5 would also work.

Well it would be basically for street performance.With the stock converter the car lacks that Pep.Then again if I can't do wide open throttle runs on Drag Radial's maybe I should stick with the D5.I just hear from most guys how much fun the 3200 converter is on the street.Im not really into racing the car at the track.At least not for a while.

A modded d-5 would work pretty good as well and be considerably cheaper than a VIG. 3200 is way to much for a 44, but it would spool like mad!! A lot have people have gone fast with a D-5! 2800-3000 would be the max i'd run, unless you plan turbo upgrades in the future

Restalled D5

I run a D5 thats be restalled to 2800, my 6131 spools good now.

A modded d-5 would work pretty good as well and be considerably cheaper than a VIG. 3200 is way to much for a 44, but it would spool like mad!! A lot have people have gone fast with a D-5! 2800-3000 would be the max i'd run, unless you plan turbo upgrades in the future

Well I did have my D5 modded for 2800 or 3000.Don't get me wrong the car runs like a rocket but I have to powerbrake from a dead stop.I was thinking about putting back on a .63 Precision Exhaust Housing which I took off years ago:mad: .That Precision Housing worked great with my Combo.I have the Garret .63 on now and sometimes it can spin wildly out of control:rolleyes: .Car feels faster still with the Precision Housing.Its no fun over powering the tire's so I might have to rethink a 3200 VIG.Maybe I just need Alky Injection.;)

WOT from a stop with my combo and within 2 seconds or less the tires will go up in smoke. You would have to gradually reach WOT with my combo. I do have regular radials though so I'm sure DR's it would be a little better.

But yes, it can be fun. Even if I was cruising at 45 or 55 I can smoke them if I go WOT. :D

Again, I don't street race, but do go to the track.

I had a modded D5 which I think was stalled for 2800. Big difference going with a 9.5 vs a 12. I would suggest then you try Dusty's PTC converters. Have it made to stall at 2800 and see what it does for you, if it's not enough move it up 3000. I think you get a free stall change.

Good luck on your decision!

Dannyo

WOT from a stop with my combo and within 2 seconds or less the tires will go up in smoke. You would have to gradually reach WOT with my combo. I do have regular radials though so I'm sure DR's it would be a little better.

But yes, it can be fun. Even if I was cruising at 45 or 55 I can smoke them if I go WOT. :D

Again, I don't street race, but do go to the track.

I had a modded D5 which I think was stalled for 2800. Big difference going with a 9.5 vs a 12. I would suggest then you try Dusty's PTC converters. Have it made to stall at 2800 and see what it does for you, if it's not enough move it up 3000. I think you get a free stall change.

Good luck on your decision!

Dannyo

For me Id rather have the traction so Im a little wary of going to a 3200 converter now.I just think my restalled 2800 or 3000 Stall D5 does not give it the pep of say a stock Turbo Regal.

sounds like you guys just want to have a tire fryer for the "looks" on the street :eek: be careful or a ricer will show ya their tail lights :p

Maybe FuzzyGN can chime in here. He has stock turbo, stock injectors, stock intercooler and the Vigilante 3200. His spools lightning fast and has excellent street manners. I have the same converter with a 70 series turbo and 83#'s and mine spools just as fast as his does. Both full weight cars. The 3200 is not too much for the street. Acts like a stocker with normal driving. Although normal driving for us is maybe a little different compared to most people. ;)

I have a single disk vig that was purchased from a board member here and he was locking it up behind his 4.1 , 10.8x TR. He got a dozen or so runs out of it before the band started to glaze.

This type of converter will have a much happier exeistence behind your motor and will give you the streetability and spool up characteristics you're looking for. Better get some sticky tires.

I have a 3200 "0" pump 5 disc Vig in my TTA with a Gt3255. I have MT DRs on it so it does not spin bad on the street as long as it is not cold out. The car is a blast to drive. It will hit boost as soon as I hit the gas. I love this set up and would do it again if I was looking for a bolt on street car. And the alky is not bad either. ;)

I have a 3200 "0" pump 5 disc Vig in my TTA with a Gt3255. I have MT DRs on it so it does not spin bad on the street as long as it is not cold out. The car is a blast to drive. It will hit boost as soon as I hit the gas. I love this set up and would do it again if I was looking for a bolt on street car. And the alky is not bad either. ;)

I have 28 Inch tall BFG Drag Radial's with a 3.73 Gear.Whats the difference between the single disc and 5 disc VIG?? Also is your 3225 Turbo bigger then a TE-44 Turbo?? I had the car out a few days ago when it was 15 degree's out and these car's feel stronger in colder weather.

The GT3255 is supposedly a little smaller than a 44/49. But basically the same. It is supposed to spool faster than a 44/49 but has a little less power if all are maxed out. The 5 disc is only beter than the single disc if you want to lock it at WOT. And I would only do that at the track anyway. But I thought the 5 disc was well worth the exta money. It is cheaper to buy it up front than swap it out later if you change your mind. My $.02.

Other than the WOT locking the single and 5 disc are the same.

Going from a restalled D5 (orange stripe, ~ 3000) to a 3400 stall Vig single disc was by far my greatest move. My 60ft went from the 2.2 to 1.7 range and 1/4 times went from 13.6 to 12.0's. Well worth the added expense!