VIN on block

slay

Is it strange to see the VIN stamped on the block twice? At the correct location stamped both directions or is that normal?

I haven't seen a vin stamped on any of my blocks . Where is it stamped ?

on the driver side next to bell housing near where the raised 25526109 is id'ing the block casting number.

I don't think it's strange. The factory did all kinds of weird stuff as the cars were coming down the line.

Is it strange to see the VIN stamped on the block twice? At the correct location stamped both directions or is that normal?
DSCN2943.JPG
DSCN2944.JPG

Great photo showing where it appears on drivers side near the back....I know from experience on GNs and T-Types I never paid it any attention but on the GNXs I for 50 grand and higher I did check the VIN number to avoid any issues later on. Number also appears on the edge of the trans think its also on the drivers side....may not be as critical to owners unless its a real GNX...

In the Corvette world its very critical.....almost like having the correct year air in the tires....

I think Richard Clark is working on that so we can market 1986 air and 1987 air in the tires for people wanting a 100% original cars.

deniskirban@yahoo.com

On mine it is stamped both directions and one of them is ghosted? Like they tried to hit it twice and on the second time the die moved a little bit. So they flipped the block around and did it again the other way.
The font seems different too from the images I see of others. Seems weird to me.

Kirban 2 cents worth

As long as one of the stampings is readable and matches your VIN number it has zero concerns....You have to remember the rear wheel G body platform was at the end with our cars....

Quality control levels were not the greatest.....look at body fit and large amounts of orange peel in the black paint and in other cases specs of other colors in the black paint.

Again I would not be the lest bit concerned.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Right on, thanks. I know they were flipping these things out like flap jacks at iHOP back then. Just weird it so different. I don't think it is fake or anything because someone would have a hard time faking that kind of decay and rust. Looks too natural.

Also if you had a SG1 replacement short block under warranty some didnt get the vin re stamped on the replacement block.