virginia area bs thread

Trade!?

Man...what has it been now, less than 30 days?

Simply amazing!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dave - it's already in the works!:) Should be a really nice one this time around, with a few 9-sec cars as well as at least one (1) 8-sec car (maybe more). I'll keep you in the loop for this one.

-Bobby

Re: Trade!?

Originally posted by Bmason
Man...what has it been now, less than 30 days?

Simply amazing!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dave - it's already in the works!:) Should be a really nice one this time around, with a few 9-sec cars as well as at least one (1) 8-sec car (maybe more). I'll keep you in the loop for this one.

-Bobby

Yes, yes it is!:confused:

What happened?!

Red:

Did you ever get to make a good pass in it? I remember you saying that you were "scheduled" to do it, but never heard what happened. :D

-

no :rolleyes:

I talked to him before I came up there and he was making excuses for why he wont putting it on high boost that week ..

I guess he really thinks a 9 sec car is really hard to handle ... said he wouldnt run the car at all at vmp cause the walls are too close to the track .. :D

He is flat out scared of the car

maybe Scott will get the car and then we'll see it go some #'s :)

Greg is a different kinda dude!
He asked me to make a pass or two in it. Scott, I dont know much about the car, but I would do the deal in a heart beat!
We all strive to go faster, and a stage car will get you there. I

Greg is a different kinda dude!
He asked me to make a pass or two in it. Scott, I dont know much about the car, but I would do the deal in a heart beat!
We all strive to go faster, and a stage car will get you there. I have been trying to get Greg to put it on kill and bust some 9s but I heard the stomach thing too. It may not be for everyone, but why buy a stage car if you're not gonna bust a number!!!!!
I would go for it!

Red: tell me about the el camino, you said maybe for sale???

Talk to me.

Dave

p.s.
Lets have a get together to do some bench racin!!!

Hooters anyone????????:D :D :D

My $.02

Well Scott, since you brought my name into this, I will clarify so everyone here doesn't think that I have a problem with Stage engines. I genuinely feel that Stage engines are far superior to 109 block engines when properly built with the right parts by someone that is honest and actually knows what they are doing. I just had a bad experience with someone that is an obvious crook and either doesn't know what the hell they are doing or doesn't care. All I know is that my wallet is about $14k lighter and I have a car that is unusable now that would run a best time of low 12's with a stream of oil behind it after spending that money and sending it back 5 times at my own expense. Before I spent that money, it was a proven 9.90 car that didn't dump oil all over the road and track. I was even promised that after the work was performed that the car would run 9.60s and would be taken to the track and tuned to prove that it would run 9.60's and of course that never happened. I simply was referred to the wrong person and company and was never given what I paid for, but it was not the fault of the engine itself as it was already proven. It was just screwed up by the idiot that worked on it to the point that I became discouraged with it and it now just sits.

As far as the Stage car that you are interested in trading for, call me if you would like my thoughts and I will be happy to help you in any way that I can.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Thanks,
Bryan

Short version!

Scott:

You have a very, very nice virgin GN that you're literally going to rip apart if you don't put a bar in it soon! Those trans-brake wheels up launches look good, but you're beating the life out of the car.

Personally, I'd do the deal...provided he hasn't "Greg-matized" it and hurt the motor, otherwise it appears to be a good deal. You'll get everything in one complete package that's turn-key ready to race!

-Bobby

Originally posted by D.K.
Red: tell me about the el camino, you said maybe for sale???
Talk to me.
Dave
p.s.
Lets have a get together to do some bench racin!!!
Hooters anyone????????:D :D :D

Dave you can give me a ring or send me a # and best time to call you and I'll fill you in on the elcamino (757) 846-1429

It kinda got held up cause one guy was wanting it and he was wanting me to add things to it while I finished the project with him supplying the extra parts .. but dont look like his $$ will be right anytime soon

way more of you guys up that way than done here If you'll deside to get together I'm game for a trip up there ( If the wife dont have plans ;) )

Is greg's car making funny noises? Just roller valve train noise? It seems like a good motor. I am scared of something going wrong, and forking out $14,000 for a rebuild. Bryan, what the heck was involved in the $14,000?? That type of money scares me! I would rather have 4 109 blocks, build and girdled. Bobby, I know I need a cage, I can see my body changing shape with every launch. OH, what to do!

Scott

that A guy must be expensive

more reasonable down here :)

Scott ..hard to believe you havent swapped cars yet ...If I only had one clean enough to swap

Originally posted by turbo2nr
Is greg's car making funny noises? Just roller valve train noise? It seems like a good motor.
Scott

My little hyd roller sounded like a sewing machine.

I think I'd have to jump on that car.:)

Re: Short version!

Originally posted by Bmason
Scott:

You have a very, very nice virgin GN that you're literally going to rip apart if you don't put a bar in it soon! Those trans-brake wheels up launches look good, but you're beating the life out of the car.

Personally, I'd do the deal...provided he hasn't "Greg-matized" it and hurt the motor, otherwise it appears to be a good deal. You'll get everything in one complete package that's turn-key ready to race!

-Bobby

100%:D

I have been told that gregs car was in a bad accident recently. Also, it has around 150,000 miles on the body, not 50k. A few guys that had passed it up sent me a PM. Now, Greg wants me to pay him $4000 extra! First, it was an even swap, then he changed his mind to $2000, now he is even thinking about asking $5000!!

Scott H.

I think it was Gregs other car, the one with the ATR front mount that was in the Accident.

I don't know about the body having a ton of miles on it.

Sure didn't look like it.

If he keeps it it will be a 11 sec S2 car before too long.
:( :rolleyes:

No, it was the stage motor car. It was wrecked in WI, before Greg bought it. I know all about Greg taking a baseball bat to his car. (LOL) He also threw a battery through his windshield. HA! Then blamed it on the hurricane. I think he just sold (traded) that car for an old POS.

Scott H.

Originally posted by turbo2nr
No, it was the stage motor car. It was wrecked in WI, before Greg bought it. I know all about Greg taking a baseball bat to his car. (LOL) He also threw a battery through his windshield. HA! Then blamed it on the hurricane. I think he just sold (traded) that car for an old POS.

Scott H.

WOW!:eek: he's friggin NUTS!

Yes I heard the Chevelle was not too nice.

Did you do a carfax on the stage car?

If it's been in a bad wreck I'd wouldn't give him money in the trade either.

sounds like you didnt move fast enough now he wants $ to go in on the deal ..

what does it matter how many miles the car had on it if everything on it has been replaced :confused:

oh well suks you didnt get the deal done b4 he changed his mind

what would it really matter if its been wrecked ...its obiously been fixed it went thru on low boost over 130 and went strait so frames good