Vmp On The 22nd

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
THAT IS MY DATE TO GO TO VMP

just letting you guys/gal know if any want to get toghether there.

its a friday btw:

i plan to run this trip...

i usually drive my car out but i think im gonna tow if there just incase it dont wanna make it down the track...with the luck i've been having with tranny's i never know.

im looking to be in race trim and see what its made of. maybe this 51 turbo can out run my ta49 mph....i hope so at least.

ask stixx if it runs ok on pump gas..:)
dont feel fast to me no more since i drive it every day i've got use to it.

see yall there

if i can get my tranny problem straight i'll be there..i've been battling transmission every since i got started with a hot-air car....but it's better than having to battle with engines....
after installing this tranny yesterday, i noticed that this thing shifted hard as concrete...but i thought it was just a shift kit, until the thing wouldn't stay running when you put it in any gear....i called bruce ( WE4 ) last night....he gave me some insight into what it could be....i believe that the tranny that i have is set up for non-lockup, but i put my converter ( lockup ) back in there....so now it's locked all the time....that's why it dies when i put it in gear, and that's why it shifted so damn hard.....so i have to battle with that for now...bruce made it sound like an easy fix in the trans, but i need a place to do it....i can't get it back up to the shop that i did it in, plus i don't want to get in those guys way again....i wish some of you guys were closer to me because i really need some help.....bruce said that he would talk me through what i needed to do to make it a lockup trans again, but the only drawback is that i can't do it in my parking lot from what he said....:mad:...otherwise i'd be out there this morning...

come on peterkin you can do it!!!!

i've got a trailer lined up and a truck to tow it with

im not to certain that this tranny will hold up all night so i figure its best to tow it.

still not sure if i'll have my 9/11 converter in time but i have 2 sets of slicks now 28/10:50/15's and some 28.5/10/15's not sure which set i'll use yet

im really looking foward to getting some desent times put down and meet some of you guys/gal so come on out and play..

c-ya.....RED

i'm wrestling between it being a bad lockup solenoid or it just being a trans built for non-lockup...but i talked to a guy who said that if it was a non-lockup trans and i used a lockup converter then it just wouldn't work at all...i don't know what the hell the problem is, but i want to get it fixed fast....:mad:

Count me in! I'am in need of a GN teacher soooooo bad!
Anybody know how to work this speed pro thingy?

welcome aboard...:)

i dont know speed pro's but there are some on the board that can help you out all you need to do is ask in the computer chips section they'll help you out..

hopefully the weather will be nice ...so far the temp. is looking good as long as moisture stays away.

sounds like you got a healty setup there id like to check out your setup so hope to see ya there.

oh yea if you have any clue of a machine shop with torque plates to fit these motors please fill me in i've been trying to find one and i know there is one in richmond area just dont know who they are..

later....RED

Originally posted by peterkin
i'm wrestling between it being a bad lockup solenoid or it just being a trans built for non-lockup...but i talked to a guy who said that if it was a non-lockup trans and i used a lockup converter then it just wouldn't work at all...i don't know what the hell the problem is, but i want to get it fixed fast....:mad:
I don't know if you have fixed this or not, but you can defeat the TCC lockup. This would *WARNING*ONLY BE A TEMP FIX.
You can find it here
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/electrical/switches.html
Jim
Did I say it was a temp fix only?

i appreciate the reply and concern for my situation, but my connector doesn't even fit into the one on the trans....so doing that TCC defeat wouldn't work because the trans isn't even plugged up...plus i have another tranny that is being built as we speak...but i really, really appreciate it though...thanks..

ok guys/gal the 22nd is this friday who is still a go?

its gonna be cold out the i/c's should do their job well and we should be able to lay down some good passes

my motor is out right now but should be going back in today (wedsday)and i still plan to be there in race trim ready to get kicked off the track for no roll bar.

my buddy is bringing his 87 GN also

hope the gm head gaskets im putting on tomarrow can take the stress i'd love to see 125 mph trap spee and if i can get it to hook i'll be looking to break in the 10's but traction dont seem to be my friend so im gonna look more for the mph than the et..

break out the long johns and come on out !!!

look on mapquest for a distance between where you are in tennessee and petersburg, va....

also, i'm getting my tranny back today from andy and i will probably be trying to get the car to the shop today or tommorrow to get it ready....i want to be there....

Red,
What time are you plainning on arriving Friday. Is your whole crew coming. Yeah your car runs good on pump gas "good enough to almost get us arrested "ha/ha". Email me your cell phone number.

hell my cell is (757) 570-4403

yea Alan and Brian will be there of course Brian is bringing his GN and i'll have a couple other guys with me it looks like since i've got one guy towing me and i think his neibor is going to ride with him

a few locals with f-body's are talking about being there but im not sure im going to try and be there when the gates open at 5

I think it's 15 or 20 bucks to run (Street car) and 9 for spectators. There is a noise ordinance, so they usually try to get things wrapped up around 11 or so.

nearingo - sounds like a good combo you got going there! I'm anxious to see it go. Minus a few pieces, my project looks like yours!

I have a family illness going on that may not allow me to get out there until late, but I do plan to come out. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring my car and make a couple of passes! I really need to work some bugs out that's bothering me.

If I can't make VMP Friday night, I'm going to go up to MIR Saturday morning...unless the doctor informs me that he's going to release my mother from the hospital Saturday.

-Bobby

if you need any help bobby don't hesitate to call man...you know i'm not doing anything, well maybe installing the transmission tommorrow..( fingers crossed )...but i can't work out my towing situation...u-haul doesn't have any tow dolly's in the area and the guy that was going to do it for me with his company rollback isn't answering his phone...i go pick up the tranny today, so we will see....:confused:

Hey all
Iwish I could hang with you guys this friday, but the wife made plans to celabrate my 40th birthday.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Bobby, my thoughts and prayers go to you and your mom. I hope everything turns out ok.
Red, try to keep Stixx out of jail long enough to race

:D ;)
Hope you catch up wit you guys soon!!
My GN is going to th paint shop soon, but its been crying out for some wheels up track time:D

BIG DAVE

B Mason,
I was not able to make it to VMP. My wife had surgery and was still sore so I stayed home. I spoke with Red and he said he had some back luck on the highway. Hope we can try and do it again another day.

yea bad luck struck me hard..

Stixx i was going to call you ack but all i had was bad news...

my fist pass on it turbo went out about 100 ft out the gate..:mad:

im working on seeing what insurance will do about 1/4 panels ..im just frustrated as it gets ..

Bmason good to meet you ...sorry i wont in much of a good mood..maybe next time we all try to get together i'll have a lil better luck getting there.

im trying to find somebody with a turbo that will hold up for a pass so i can take the car back and get some times on it before i pull the motor out and go back to hotair ..

im going to be putting my i/c motor in my elcamino were i can get it to hook and run some good #'s without messing my ttype up anymore..