Vortex Buick Site??

VtheGNMan

Had troubles pulling up the Vortex Buick site and now I get a notice that the domain has expired??
Any insight?
That was a great site for reading and reference.

Hope it's not gone. It's a great resource.

No kidding!
I have quite a few of the pages saved for offline reading. Wonder if there is a way to extract the page from my tablet.
Who ran the site? anyone know? Was it Steve Wood or was that the other site I am thinking about?
Wonder if it's possible to get the info and post it up under stickies on here.

Domain expired. Whoever is the owner of the site needs to renew it. I'm more than happy to pitch in for the cost to get it back up! Domains aren't that expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I called the domain provider number that appears on whois domain lookup, and they transferred me to another number.
This domain is in fact registered to Steve Wood, and I simply asked if I could help by paying for re-registration because we've got a community that depends on this site a lot. She told me that normally we could do that, but they're having an issue with the host of the domain which is no longer doing business with them. This issue of domains not renewing has been a huge problem for a lot of people and they've been helping resolve it.

She said she'd reach out to Steve Wood to let him know about the domain issue ☺ nice gal, she mentioned that usually the domain owners are under the impression that it has automatically renewed until it gets brought up that there's a problem.

Let's wait and see.

Had to access it through IHADAV8.com though.
Yeah. The other was just a domain, super inexpensive to maintain. Maybe he's coming up with a new domain name [emoji41]

By the way, Mak...thanks for offering to renew it :) As you stated, it should have been automatically renewed as it has been for the past 13 years. There are a bunch of small businesses that are really hung out to dry from what I read about the situation. Sounds like Lori gave you the story. She was really nice.

Anytime Steve! My Buick has been one hell of a roller coaster ride but your site helped tremendously with the how tos and learning about the importance of all of the components. I've gone from wearing diapers to almost graduating high school because of your site haha. [emoji16]
I wanted to gift the renewal as a token of my heart felt appreciation. Thanks for all that you do!

It should be back up shortly as it is re-propagating now. I moved the domain and the hosting elsewhere.

Had an email today from Lycos saying they were going to auto-renew the domain in a few days. LOL Told them it had expired on the 15th and it was a bit late to get around to doing as I had already renewed it and moved it elsewhere. Looked like there was going to be a very large price increase as well so I guess all's well that ends well. Now I need to work on the site a bit and try to make it more useful.