WA emission test question

oneshot

also have a “dump pipe” and high performance catalytic converter for the car. Right now it is running a “straight pipe” where the cat was located

Stupid question but will it pass a emmission test with a straight pipe

I have easily passed with only a test pipe and a $15 emission chip from Scott J Simpson scott231@juno.com

Lot easier to swap a chip and set fuel pressure rather than swapping on/off the CAT.

This is everything i know about the car right now BTW if that helps, not sure but i figured i would post it anyways

I purchased this GN from the original owner on June 6, 03. Buick has all GNX mods, except for the rear end. Even has #443 dash plaque.

Original engine was rebuilt by “Cherry-Hill Automotive Svs.” (Bill’s Turbo Racing) (Duke’s Speed & Body Shop)in Saginaw, TX. Sorry about all the names, but this is the info that I have. Transmission upgrade was done by Phoenix transmission. Unfortunately the only receipts that I have are not very descriptive. There was a cam added, I believe .010 over pistons, and machine work on block was a total of $1,832, not counting labor. This work was done on 11-09-96. TE 44 turbo was added on 3-8-97, along w/ a Precision front mount IC (stock location 21 row was added when new engine was put in). ATR wastegate, high performance fuel pump & hot wire kit was added on 5-17-97.When I got car it was carrying low oil pressure, so I replaced the engine w/ a crate ATK 109 long block. I still have the original long block that was taken out. New engine was installed on 9-16-03.

Car was repainted in on 9-14-97. All external molding was replaced, along w/ all the rubber around windows etc.

Car is equipped w/ TE 44 turbo, 21 row stock location intercooler, all pluming is 3”, headers (don’t know what kind), ATR wastegate, K& N air filter, 42.5 injectors, 2.5 mm plug wires. Chip was custom made by “TurboTweak” as determined by the above performance equipment.

Transmission was also went through in (?) about 96-98, and a 2800 stall converter was added. Tranny also shifts very strong.

Car has NEVER been in any accident, and is STRAIGHT. I do have the original window sticker. I also just ran a “carfax”. If you would like a copy, I can scan it and email it to you.

To summarize, car is equipped with the following:

Electric door locks

Pwr windows

Electric trunk release

Front seat reding lamps

Lighted visor vanity mirror

Cruise control

Tilt steering

GM cd player

Pwr antenna

Concert sound spkr. Sys.

TE 44 turbo

2800 stall converter

Stock position 21 row intercooler (has large necks)

42.5 injectors

headers

ATR wastegate

3” downpipe

2.5 mm plug wires.

All GNX mods, including fender flares, fender louvers, 16 inch wheels, instrument cluster, #443 dash plaque, GNX emblems.

Previous owner said car had been to the track 2x’s, and never raced on the street. I have never raced car, and barley had my foot into it. When I did, it wasn’t all out.

This is my honest description of the car. The odometer reads 75,161, but it has an additional 20K on it, as this is what the old odometer had on it before the addition of the GNX gauges. In my opinion the car needs a new radiator (price about $350 for aluminum), as the temp will climb when it gets in the 90’s. Needs a 10lb. spring to the ART wastegate. This can be purchased from ATR for $20. The current spring is to stiff and won’t allow for boost control (over boosts). This has helped me keep my foot out of it. It probably also needs a power master brake unit. The “brake” light comes on when depressing brake pedal, although it has done this ever since I got the car. Interior is a 9 out of 10. Carpet has one worn place where the previous owner rested his foot. Spring in shifting handle also needs replaced. Seats, headliner & dash all in great shape. Rear speakers aren’t working, as of this spring. Worked fine last year, but one is blown. AC blows cold.

Exterior is a 9. It does have your normal chips, but nothing dramatic. There is also a place on the drivers side rear quarter. This is hard to explain, but something went wrong during the painting process. I have tried buffing this area out, with no success. Buick is treated with a Polarized Protection System (PPS), go to www.ppstechnology.com. This is a no wax Teflon finish, and believe me, this thing has a DEEP shine, that will not come off, if cared for correctly. I have special “neutral PH” car soap, and special sponges that I will include in the sale (if purchased at Buy It Now price). The soap and sponges cannot be purchased in stores. I want you to know that I don’t use a car cover on the Buick, as they will leave fine scratches. It is always stored inside though.

Properly tuned with hot fuel and slicks this car will easily go into the 12 flat or high 11 range. I know this because the other GN I had was completely stock, hot chip, exhaust dump, ram air and ran a 7.89 8th mile @ 88 mph, which calculates to the mid 12’s.

This car is SOLID (no squeaks or rattles), drives beautifully (like new) and STRAIGHT.

I also have a “dump pipe” and high performance catalytic converter for the car. Right now it is running a “straight pipe” where the cat was located.

This GN has had an easy life, as the previous owner is now in his 50’s and so am I. Only Mobil 1 has been used in vehicle since new engine was installed, 20K miles ago.

Someone just told me they dont do Emission test here in Kitsap County so i might be getting lucky