Want to drop the front end 1" with ball joints. Need info please step inside.

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
Hey fellas. I have been doing some research on the best way to lower the front end of my Buick about 1" or so. I have tried spindles in the past and they suck. I dont want to mess with coil springs because they suck.

After doing some reading it looks like these Howe lower ball joints are the way to go. The only thing I couldnt figure out is if I can use the existing stock upper control arms and ball joints. I would love to do tubular adjustable uppers and such but its just not in the budget. And I just bought Dorman factory replacement upper control arm assemblies last year for the car.

So, can I install the 1" extended lower ball joints and re-align the Buick and be okay? I appreciate any help on this matter as I searched for hours with no solid information.

New wheels.............. enjoy
1489198_10205250529163288_3092321085761310010_n.jpg

Yes , I have done exactly the same thing in 2012 no adverse affects IMO.

Yes you can use longer 1" lower ball joints and I would use a stock height ball joint in the upper control arm.

Tell me more about your tire sizes. Those 17" Street Lites look perfect.

Its the last option on the page. It says 1" Taller.

Moog K6145/Howe 22420/Afco 20039 are all stock height replacement lower ball joints. So you can see that the 1" taller lower ball joint can replace any of those. Expect 7/8" to 1" drop up front. If you want only a 1/2" drop you can use 1/2" taller lower ball joints. Let me know if you need those PNs.

Yes you can use longer 1" lower ball joints and I would use a stock height ball joint in the upper control arm.

Tell me more about your tire sizes. Those 17" Street Lites look perfect.

17x8, 4.5" bs, 245/45R17 front
17x9.5, 5" bs, 295/45R17 rear

Thanks, just bought them from a buddy when he sold his car.

Thanks for all the info guys.