wanted: 1981 Buick Regal Sport Coupe in southeast US

Mike Diaz

Enlarged member
I'm in the Charlotte area and I'm willing to travel up to 400 miles for a 1981 Buick Regal Sport Coupe. It must be this vehicle specifically. I have cash in hand, waiting for the right deal. Let me know what you have.

Mike,
I don't have an 81 but curious...why the specific model and year?
Conrad
Albemarle, NC

1v8E8mt.jpg

I'm replicating the car in the background. I own the engine that is sitting in front of Gale Banks. I'm in new Salem, pretty close to albemarle. What do you have?

Great project!! Love the history behind these cars. That 11 car's success is very much responsible for the Grand National's existence. The car you're looking to replicate reminds me of the Indy pace cars from back then. Good luck and keep the board posted on your progress.

Mike,
Very cool. How did you get the motor?????

I have an 84 GN with 87 drivetrain that has been "modified" somewhat.

Good luck on the 81 Sport Coupe. They have to be scarce as hens teeth. Have you talked to Richard Clark? If anyone knows where one is, he will. Also, Mike McCoy might be a good source. He has been parting out GN/T's for 10 years or more. Watch Craigs List too. Could an 84 or 85 be converted to 81 specs?
Conrad
ps...check out the new "Carolinas" section of South East Area!

Mike,
Very cool. How did you get the motor?????

I have an 84 GN with 87 drivetrain that has been "modified" somewhat.

Good luck on the 81 Sport Coupe. They have to be scarce as hens teeth. Have you talked to Richard Clark? If anyone knows where one is, he will. Also, Mike McCoy might be a good source. He has been parting out GN/T's for 10 years or more. Watch Craigs List too. Could an 84 or 85 be converted to 81 specs?
Conrad
ps...check out the new "Carolinas" section of South East Area!

I met up with Mike McCoy on Friday. Great guy. I'll likely be dealing with him for most of my parts. I found an 81 down in Columbia, sc. I'm heading down in the morning to see if it's a good candidate for this engine. I got the engine out of a 84 t Type that i bought from a guy who built the car for show. He told me he got the engine from a shop in Lansing Michigan. Everything he has told me has been true. It even has the original Rossi transmission they used in the test car.

just mine in california :)
I am planning on selling it to get something with a drivetrain though but shipping would be a bear out there