Wanted: 1987 Grand National, low miles, no rust or collision and mostly stock.

towerguy

I'm looking for a mostly or completely stock 1987 GN with low miles. By low I mean at or below 65,000. No rust (ever), no collision history, clean title and fairly loaded with Astroroof or T-Tops, and normal options such as P. windows, door locks, tilt, concert sound, working power antenna, etc. I've seen prices all over the place with an '87 with 34K and Astroroof asking $15995 to an '87 with 90K, moderate hail damage and failing paint for $19K. Personally, I'm closer to the first GN with 34,000 miles. What have you got? I have cash and will buy within a couple of days.

I'm looking at one with 65K offered for $12,800 in very nice condition. It has one modification I am concerned about but it is minor.
A 2nd for $15995 with 34K and Astroroof that is willing to come down on price. How much hasn't been established.
A 3rd asking $15000 with 36,000 miles with T-Tops although it might be sold, I'll find out tomorrow.
Two other non-GN cars, a 1989 Le Sabre T-Type with 18K for around $7,000-7500 and a 1981 Regal Indy 500 Pace Car Replica for around $12,000. Yes, I know the drastic difference between the Le Sabre and the GN but the much lower price affords some very interesting opportunities and it is like new.

I too, am looking for a low mileage (under 60k), 1987 Buick GN, stock/original (if possible), prefer T-tops or Astro-roof. I live in southern MA (Cape Cod).

Tom
South Dennis, MA
rennell3@verizon.net

I eventually gave up on finding a GN and settled for a 1998 Corvette Convertible in mint condition. I spent a little more than I wanted to but the car was only 60 miles away. After having two different sellers attempt to rip me off on GN's, the Corvette looked like a good deal. One of these days maybe I'll run into someone that has a nice GN that wants to trade. Until then, I'm really enjoying this car.