Wanted : Buick GN Radio Bezzel

dssking

Gentlemen,

I want to change out my stock radio in my GN to a double din. I'm told that slight trimming on the factory
bezzel is required. So, rather than butcher up my stock one, does anyone have a line on a new one ?

Or used........

Cheers
Vijay

Gentlemen,

I want to change out my stock radio in my GN to a double din. I'm told that slight trimming on the factory
bezzel is required. So, rather than butcher up my stock one, does anyone have a line on a new one ?

Or used........

Cheers
Vijay

I've got one here that I used to replace the bezel that was stolen along with my '87 GN back in 2001. We got the GN back but could not find the right gray bezel, so I bought one that was wood grain color from another Turbo Buick owner.....I then painted it the right color gray paint...used it for a while until I found the original color gray that came with Grand Nationals.....yours for $30 shipped, and is what I paid for it back then. It does not have the clips, so you'll need to get them. Let me know.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Gentlemen,
DSC_0779.JPG DSC_0780.JPG DSC_0781.JPG DSC_0782.JPG DSC_0783.JPG DSC_0784.JPG DSC_0785.JPG
DSC_0779.JPG
DSC_0780.JPG
DSC_0781.JPG
DSC_0782.JPG
DSC_0783.JPG
DSC_0784.JPG
DSC_0785.JPG

Or used........

Cheers
Vijay

I did end up finding one from a gentleman on this site. Thanks.
What radio were you able to fit into it with some trimming? Haven't gotten a chance to see what fits.....
Double din?

Ok, no problem. I replaced the missing radio with another stock one for a while until I got a unit from Mario who's on this forum...a real nice unit that has a cassette, equalizer that lights up, and fits with no problems, just had to use an adapter for the wiring hook up. The original radio and bezel was gone as a result of three black thugs who stole the Gn back in 2001, plus tore up the steering column, broke into the back truck, destroying the lock there, cutting into the back seat area, changed the wheels to aluminum wheels, took all emblems off, putting ghetto tint on all the windows,tearing up the passenger door lock, cutting up the carpet. I found a needle, spoon and one crack rock cocaine in the slit they cut in the carpet tunnel area in the back seat after it was returned to my Dad. The cops found the thugs with the car a month after it was stolen....all were arrested, sentenced to 5 years each due to despicable coward criminal previous behavior. I was in court when they were led away, but had to pay a "contempt of court" fine of $100 when I jumped up, called them the "N" word along with "if I ever catch you near that Grand National again, I will shoot you all dead right through your eyes! And I MEAN it assholes!" I was really mad. Best $100 I ever spent, as I got out what all victims of car theft should be allowed to say. I was speaking for all of those people, too.

So I didn't end up cutting or trimming this one, nor the original one I got later.

Good luck with your project.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Glad you got the car back! I agree with what you said.......best $100 you ever spent and I'll bet it felt good!

I'll post pics of the car today. As soon as it was delivered, I had the rocker covers off and started going through it mechanically.
Didn't even wash it yet. So today, I'll spray it off to get a good look at the body and see what it needs.....bumperettes, and the
rear quarter wheel well trim is all I think...........

Thanks. I was pretty heated that day...they stole the GN from my Dad...he was so upset for a long time...anyone that upset my Dad gets me super angry. It's mine now, a gift from my late Dad.

Hope to see your car...sounds great to me....going to be a lot of work?

Bruce '87 Grand National