WANTED!! How-To Book(s) for Buick V6

77amc

Good morning.
I'd like to thank this site for all the good info but since I don't know that much of the N/A V6's, I'm scouring the site for books and diagrams of them.

If any of you guys have some of the "how-to" books, DVD's, VHS tapes that they don't need any longer, I could sure use some.
I've taken these engines apart probably over a decade ago, put them in big plastic tubs and have moved them around and around..
I could use some instruction on what goes where, like exploded views, torque values and such.

I really don't want to purchase a whole book just for 15 pages on the n/a V6, so If anyone has PDF files stored or the like I would be much appreciated of it being passed on. (to me of course..)

There is a person selling a book/manual on Ebay for around 125.00:eek: and he/she states that there is over 80 pages dedicated to them, but I'm not really interested in the Turbo'd versions (I know, I know.. Don't get all upset..)
I've got a nice (not cracked) '553 4.1 engine that's .040 over and a virgin 3.8 that I really don't know much about. Meaning, what casting #'s, year and such.

Another thing is cam selection for a n/a engine that would be going into a Mitsu mini-truck with 200r4 and 3.78 gearing, (yota swap) Edelbrock intake, ported 445's, and mostly Hwy driving @70-80 back and forth to work.
Maybe that should be another thread..

SO, thanks for any info provided.

E

If you go to gnttype.com, there are a series of assembly drawings that will help.

Welcome aboard first. Second, come visit us in the B4Black section do some reading and ask questions.

Go to your local library. Spend a few minutes and some dimes and photocopy the pages out of a Motors or Chilton's book.

Wow, Thanks for the great responses.

I started to add up the years that I (thought) had left this engine sitting and it's been way too long. More like 12-14yrs:eek:

Since the 'youngins' came, I've had to decide on some things, but I think all this shtuff multiplies at night or something.. I started to look on Ebay for V6 stuff and forgot all about those little (goofy) plastic plugs that go in the rocker shafts.. MAN, I've got to relearn.:redface:
Those exploded views are gonna help out tons.
BUT, I don't think that the local library will have much on the V6's.
I'll see if I can get into our office at work and if 'the MAN' will let me print off several (thousand.. J.K.)pages.

OH I did go up in the attic and sure enough (my wife didn't throw them out) found my "V6 performance" book with the book marks still in there!!
It not only brings back memories, but kinda scares me in thinking where the heck all these parts are??
Praise GOD for the pull-a-parts! The peeps down here can't drive in 80deg sunny weather, let alone rain or snow, so there are ALWAYS things that 'follow' me home from there.. And with the newer casting techniques, one can cut up a cheap alloy intake to make something wild!
TIP: if one needs heater hose, try looking under one of those 'conversion' vans.. They have at least 20' sometimes of good rubber hose and good stainless clamps for pennies! (maybe THAT's how I got 30yrs of crap)

Well, that's another story.
Thanks again, Errol