Wanted Turbo Buick

cheap tbs no way

:smile: Yeah this is true I was telling this guy that but told him Id keep my eyes open.I paid 4 k for my 85 gn and it wasnt even running,shot interior and had some rust.Its on the road to recovery but its been along one.

It doesn't matter to me really whether the car is a hot air or not. I'm just trying to GET one, and move on from there.
I figure that I don't necessarily need speed off the bat, so I would just drive it around for a little while, get used to it, etc.

I'll probably end up waiting until the Spring to buy a car. Hopefully more cars will be trying to get sold and I'll have more $ to spend.

It doesn't matter to me really whether the car is a hot air or not. I'm just trying to GET one, and move on from there.
I figure that I don't necessarily need speed off the bat, so I would just drive it around for a little while, get used to it, etc.

I'll probably end up waiting until the Spring to buy a car. Hopefully more cars will be trying to get sold and I'll have more $ to spend.

wait.
dont buy a POS and then regret it. Save up some more $ and buy yourself a 86-87. You'll have to pay more, but you'll be happier in the end

turbo buick

yes I agree with that guy for sure and Im speaking from experience,dont buy a crapper,buy a nicer one that you can drive and enjoy and just tinker with,youll be hard pressed to buy anything but a pos in the price range your looking to buy(I know Ive been scoping them for around two years).Definately wait if you can and score a better one in the end youll be happier.Mine needs everything and man how I wished I could hit those cruise nights the past few months.Lucky for me I can do most all the work myself but it still costs alot of money in parts etc etc.:smile: in the meantime I will keep my eyes open!!

thats another problem....even if you do find a sub $3k TR you will be putting lots of cash into keeping it running....the 20 year old parts usually give up fast when you "Drive" them around after being put to bed for a while....i would go with a 7-8k dollar budget to get a rust-free car in good condition...this will save you the drama of finding and fixing parts while you try to drive it.....and chances are the parts will already be on the car in this price range..... just another opinion.

-Jack

Wish I could find one in LI NY area for $7-$8k that is not a POS.Been looking for a while now willing to spend more but not over $12K

Been looking for a decent rust free driver in $10k range for quite a while in LI NY area. Everything I have seen needs a ton of body work and paint.

hey man, it is very possible, i ve bought 2 turbo regals for that price range before, ibeen looking for a roller lately and have been finding them in the 500.00 to 2000.00 dollar range so dont give up....have a merry christmas.

have a beautiful white 84 T Type for sale ! hr north of NYC asking 7,800.car is very clean and drives like new call 845-518-6219 Need to sell

I think there is one in St Joseph Missouri that has alot of rust for 2800.00. its burgandy on burgandy and lots of miles.

I could look for the piece of paper that i passed up 6 months ago on the car, its a widows car and i havent seen it.

HTH

BW