Wastegate actuator popped off under boost

DJay

GN Novice.
Still gettin the hang of these 3.8's :D .... Was drivin home when under 8-10 lbs of boost the throttle felt a change in resistance. Almost as if the pedal doesnt require as much effort to push down.

Heh heh ... it was then I realized : no boost AT ALL under acceleration.

Popped the hood, the arm that attaches under the turbo from the actuator had popped off. Looks like some sort of D clip was there at one time to hold it on. What part did I obviously lose on the road home?

Any ideas?

Thx

I use a "hairpin" style clip...you can pull it off with your fingers and it will never fall off.

Make the actuator rod really, really short and it will stay on just fine. And it has all sorts of other benefits too! :D ;) :D

I joking DJAy. Don't do that without fully understanding what you are doing as it will increase the boost. That may cause some serious problems.

Thanks for the advice guyz!

Heh heh Albertan : I have an adjustable actuator I could install, but heard it's easier to simply install a different chip to control boost. What do you think?

Also: Wuts the most common cause of CODE 31? Says it's a wastegate solenoid; should I just replace it? Or are there some troubeshooting procedures to follow first? (P.S. the CODE31 came up long before the actuator popped off the turbo.)

Thx