Wastegate Hole Question??

Buix893

Buick = $$$
Hey guys,
I have my RJC controller turned all the way in. I have been playing with the boost all day and only getting 20lbs...sooo I put lithium grease on my puck and bolted it back up and the puck is leaving a tiny bit of the hole open...BINGO.....so my question is does Jason have that plate availaible still?

yes he does. give him a call. how much is a tiny bit? doesnt take much to get it to go down. i ported by brothers puck hole and it went from 20 to 15psi

Here is a pic I drew in paint...I'm no artist....:biggrin:...I tried drilling the DP holes out a bit bigger and still nothing.

Attachments

• Wastegate Hole.jpg
    Wastegate Hole.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 128
yes he does. give him a call. how much is a tiny bit? doesnt take much to get it to go down. i ported by brothers puck hole and it went from 20 to 15psi

I think he has the opposite problem, the puck is not covering the hole completely and is allowing exhaust to get by thus not being able to increase boost.

my bad. that will also have an effect on spool up. get a plate block it off and get an external gate ;)

Yea should have done that back when....lol....but the plate I am guessing does not come with the wastegate hole so I have to drill it out? I saw a post about this not to long ago

thats what i thought as well. i see the block off plate. im guess you can bolt it up mark it and drill it out. shouldn't be to hard. i'm sure jason could tell you as well. external is the way to go for sure. it really helped my spool up and 1/4 mile times now that i can run 23psi from start to finish. not 18 on lauch and top of third 25psi