Wastegate options

six shooter

Quiet Member
Just bought a used ATR 3" ss downpipe and it came with the ATR billet wastegate (1 3/4 ") The guy said the gate had a 10 lb spring installed in it. What other wastegates will fit / work with this dp? I haven't heard much good about this part.Boost will be set at 15-16lbs until I finish my alky kit. I'm looking for something reliable that works every time.Wayne:confused:

your wastegate is probably fine. get one of the quick spool things, sinful6 here sells, or did sell them at one time. I have one on my car, with the stock wastegate i could never get over 15#, i had the adjustable rod tightend up farther than it was ever ment to go and still only 15#. with the quick spool thing, it spools up quicker (a little bit) and i can adjust it anywhere i want, i've had it at 22#, might be able to go higher, thats with a stock turbo though.

i know on one of the external gates, forgot which one it is, race gate or delta gate, they recomend using them to save the spring and internal parts.

the best part is how easy it is to adjust it, just turn it by hand and your done, no tools needed.

10# would be the minimum boost you could run, its a good place to have it unless you want to run a ton of bost later.

Are you talking about a " Grainger " type relief valve or a manual bleeder valve ? I currently am using a bleeder to get 16 lbs. I have all the parts to try a relief valve also. Thanks - Wayne

i really dont know, i've heard it called a dial-a-boost before.

its a brass block with one hose, on top is a aluminum "nut" type thing, its round, little smaller than a dime and about 1/2 an inch tall and has a little ball in the center. works good whatever it is.